7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 3:31 PM by ssprengel

Raw files upload faded on both LR and PS?

javiere2167650

Raw files upload faded on both LR and PS?

• 1. Re: Raw files upload faded on both LR and PS?
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi javiere,

Could you please elaborate the issue that you are facing along with the workflow steps?

Also, could you please confirm the version of Photoshop and Lightroom that you are using?

• 2. Re: Raw files upload faded on both LR and PS?
            dj_paige Level 9

What do you mean faded?

Faded compared to what?

Can you show us a screen capture of such an example?

• 3. Re: Raw files upload faded on both LR and PS?
              javiere2167650 Level 1

I preset adobe LR and PS CC 2015 settings by mistake to a specific edit I did to a photo as I was trying to upgrade windows 8 to windows 10.  It was the beginning of a nightmare  for a hole month.  Micro Center removed Windows 10 back to Windows 8 because it was causing too many problems.

.  I did try all kinds of things including re-downloading everything from scratch, but it saved all my previous settings.  I finally found these instructions (bellow).  Yesterday did not work but today it did as I tried again some editing.  I hope this is it and thank you all for your time on here.

Javier Enriquez

>>>>>

Welcome to the forums, susanac!

Easiest way to reset everything to default is to rename the Lightroom Presets folder, while LR is closed. Go into Preferences within LR (Edit -> Preferences -> Presets Tab) and click "Show Lightroom Presets Folder". Then close LR and rename the folder shown in Explorer from "Lightroom" to i.e. "Lightroom.old". Then restart LR and a new "Lightroom" folder will be created.

If you also changed the Default Develop Settings used for rendering Raw images, go into Develop, select a Raw image, select "Develop -> Set Default Settings ..." and click "Restore Adobe Default Settings".

Beat 

• 4. Re: Raw files upload faded on both LR and PS?
                dj_paige Level 9

Ok, let's ignore the Windows issues, these are not relevant to the "faded" issue.

I preset adobe LR and PS CC 2015 settings by mistake to a specific edit I did to a photo

Do you mean that every photo received the same preset (incorrectly) on both LR and PS? You could reset all of them in Lightroom to the state they would be in if the sliders were all at zero, is that something you'd want to do? Or is that not a good solution?

• 5. Re: Raw files upload faded on both LR and PS?
                  javiere2167650 Level 1

Yes, after I preset LR by mistake, all photos in ROW format would automatically set to that particular photo edit.  No, it was not my intention at all.

• 6. Re: Raw files upload faded on both LR and PS?
                    dj_paige Level 9

There is a preset under "Lightroom General Presets" named "Zeroed".

So, select all the photos you want to zero (you can do this in the Library Module or the Develop Module), then in the Develop Module turn on Auto-Sync (as shown in the screen capture below) and click on the "Zeroed" preset. maybe you want to try this first on two or three photos to make sure it does what you want. Be careful not to select any photos that you have performed edits on, as these edits will be superseded by the Zeroed preset. And then remember to turn off Auto-Sync when you are done.

2015-11-02 17_12_40-Lightroom.png

• 7. Re: Raw files upload faded on both LR and PS?
                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean that you accidentally set your LR Defaults to a particular photo's settings, so that every new photo you import has those settings?  If so, then after you use the Zeroed preset that DJ mentions, make any other adjustments to what you want to be the LR Defaults, like enabling Remove Chromatic Aberration, etc, and press the Alt key and click Set Default... and select Update Defaults to Current Settings, or whatever the button says.

If you merely applied a Preset to all photos, and did not set your LR Defaults then you don't need to follow the above procedure.