5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 12:04 PM by A.T. Romano

14 not rendering

Wisdomled

I just downloaded the 14..everything is good but..I can't render my timeline.  The box comes up but no progress is made.

• 1. Re: 14 not rendering
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Wisdomled

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 14?

What is the duration of the clips that are being Timeline rendered, and what have you applied to the clips (Shake Reduction or some other effect)?

Basic

1. Do the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar span the entire Timeline content to be Timeline rendered to get the best possible preview?

2. What is the render line indicator above the Timeline

No Colored Line

Orange Line

Green Line

With No Colored Line and Green Line, no Timeline rendering is needed or possible.

Green Line points to the need for Timeline rendering to get the best possible preview.

3. During the Timeline rendering process, the program generated automatically preview files which are stored to the computer hard drive.

How much free space is at that save location? To find that location, please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and the Video Previews category.

4. What are the properties of the Timeline content that you are trying to Timeline rendering? And, what is the project preset. See readings under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Let us start here and then decide what next. Any questions or need deeper information, please do not hesitate to ask. You mention of the Render dialog opening introduces interesting aspects for planning the troubleshooting strategy - including computer resource information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: 14 not rendering
            Wisdomled Level 1

Windows 8..Intel I3...I'm experienced with all past premiere elements..grey

bar placement correct..slight adjustments..cross dissolve and time

stretch..there is plenty of disk space listed is ScratchDisks 291Gb..video

rendering settings have maximum bit depth unchecked..Previews file format I

Frame Only MPEG..can't change.

• 3. Re: 14 not rendering
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Wisdormled

Thanks for the reply.

Please confirm if this Premiere Elements 14 Windows 8 (assumed 64 bit) issue exists if you open a new project.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: 14 not rendering
                Wisdomled Level 1

Tried it on 3 projects..think I found the issue..these projects were

previously rendered in Elements 12..and imported into 14..not fresh

projects..makes sense..still exports and runs..just no render.

• 5. Re: 14 not rendering
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Wisdomled

Thanks for the update.

From what you wrote, all is OK rendering new projects in Premiere Elements 14. The problem is in rendering projects from 12 in 14.

I would think that it would. I will give that a look. But, right now you seem OK with that situation in the export and playback of the export.

Some miscellaneous thoughts...

For the 12 project opened in 14, what happens if you go to Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files? Is there any active Delete Rendered Files that you can click on? If so and you click on it, does it allow for rendering of the Timeline content?

Notice the location of the Scratch Disks/Video Previews in Premiere Elements 12 Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks Video Previews. (Those should automatically be going to the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder in Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0). After you open the 12 project in 14, notice the location of the Scratch Disks/Video Previews in Premiere Elements 14 Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks Video Previews. Are they going to the 12.0 Folder or 14.0 Folder in Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12 or 14?

Later today/tonight I give that a look to determine if that has anything at all to do with the issue that you faced.

ATR