3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 10:59 PM by oRBIT1975

How to avoid freezing transitions in PE14?

oRBIT1975 Level 1

This "feature" has been in Premiere Elements for awhile now. Any transition between two clips on the same timeline causes the second clip to freeze before it starts (it freezes for half duration of the transition itself). I have not seen this behaviour in any videoediting program except Premiere elements. I've seen some YouTube tutorial to avoid this but seriously, this should be implemented in the program itself (or am I missing something?)

If you don't know what I am talking about, check out my sample clip here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2590713/TransitionFreeze.mp4

Is there an EASY workaround for this? If you make a simple video with several fade-between-clips transitions it gets really annoying to watch.

• 1. Re: How to avoid freezing transitions in PE14?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

oRBUT1975

You are writing about a Premiere Elements 14 video transition issue. What computer operating system is involved?

Where have you encountered this same issue before - Premiere Elements version and computer in use?

The placement of the transition depends on the nature of the end of the first clip in the pair and the beginning of the second clip. This nature goes to the handles on those edges and trimmed or untrimmed edges. Have you attempted to trim the edges of the problem pair, either edge or just one side? Have you attempted to edit the transition in alignment, duration, or other?

Do you find one particular (or a particular group) transition that causes you the most problems. Does the source of your videos vary? Are looking at the rendered or unrendered playback when you make your decision on whether or not the transition needs more work in the Edit area?

Let us start here, and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...This is an earlier work, but the basic transition concepts are still there.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Video Transitions - Part 2 How They Work

• 2. Re: How to avoid freezing transitions in PE14?
            oRBIT1975 Level 1

I'm using PE14 on Windows 10 (x64).

The freezingbug (I really think it should be considered a bug) is there on all transitions I've tried. I've put two clips next to eachother and then dragged a transition ("placed between clips").

The problem is that, if the duration of the transition is 4 seconds, 2 seconds of the transition is on the first clip and 2 on the second. During the transition of the first clip (first 2 seconds) the second clip appears static (freezed) and it only starts moving for the last two seconds (when the transition actually reaches the clip in the timeline).

Look at my exampleclip and you'll see the problem.

• 3. Re: How to avoid freezing transitions in PE14?
              oRBIT1975 Level 1

So, no one else but me has noticed this issue?