2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2015 5:34 AM by Stevenp2011

Indesign Epub error - help

Stevenp2011 Level 1

I have run across an error which I can't figure out. It is a first for me with this error. I don't know which "absolute position" it is speaking of and I don't know how to find it based on the Position which is shown on the epub validator.

Here is a screenshot of the error I have received.

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 2.13.56 PM.png

Apparently it is happening eight times throughout the document.

Also, I should note that when I write pubs (and I have for the last few years), I do it all within Indesign without writing any code. So I am not code savvy.

Will this error keep it from being upload able to kindle of ibooks or anywhere else?

Thank you for your help!

Steve

• 1. Re: Indesign Epub error - help
          Yves Apel Level 2

A recent bug fix in epubcheck displays this message now.

The Apple own example shows this same warning and epubcheck does not verify against the kindle specifications. This message is so new, that there is no experience yet if the epub will be refused anywhere due to this specific warning (I don't think so. I didn't hear of any case yet).

But since this markup is contained a longer time in InDesign generated ePubs as well as other epubs, you might ignore this warning for the moment.

• 2. Re: Indesign Epub error - help
            Stevenp2011 Level 1

Thank you Apel Yves, for the reply. That is so helpful just to know that. I have been worried about it. You're awesome! Steve