10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 3:55 PM by ssprengel

export problem still unsolved

druss PI Level 1

I have posted several times over the last several days. I am unable to export multiple files from Lightroom 2015.2.1. To solve the problem, I uninstalled 2015.2.1 and rolled back yo 2015.1.1. That solves the problem, but 2015.1.1 does not have some of the 2.1.1 features that I started using extensively like gradient and radial dehaze. Since my first post on this issue, Adobe sent out an update. Today I tried that update, and it has the same export problem. I would like to know if Adobe is working on the export issue, or do they think they have solved it. They have not solved it as far as I can see.

• 1. Re: export problem still unsolved
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What update are you referring to?  The last update to LR was LR 2015.2.1/6.2.1 from some weeks ago, already, that you’ve already rolled back from to xx.1.1.

• 2. Re: export problem still unsolved
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You mention "the export issue" which suggests that is an issue that is common. I'm using Lightroom CC 2015.2.1, and I'm able to export multiple images without any problem. I have not seen that particular problem expressed as something experienced by many users.

• 3. Re: export problem still unsolved
              druss PI Level 1

Lightroom CC posted an update claiming to address performance issues. It came through in my computer either Friday or Saturday after I had dumped the old 2015.2.1 and installed 2015.1.1. I assumed it was an update to fix the faulty 2015.2.1. When I installed it, it seemed to be the same 2015.2.1. Perhaps the update notice only showed up back in my possible updates because I had rolled back to 2015.1.1. I really need to see this issue resolved by Adobe soon.

• 4. Re: export problem still unsolved

If you are talking about the export issue, then you need to resolve something on your computer. I have no problem exporting multiple images from Lightroom.

• 5. Re: export problem still unsolved
                  druss PI Level 1

Jim,

Are you on Mac or Windows? If Mac, what OS? Also, do you export from an external or internal drive?

• 6. Re: export problem still unsolved

Windows 10, internal hard drive.

• 7. Re: export problem still unsolved
                      druss PI Level 1

This may be a Mac problem. I use Mac OS10.9.5, and I export from an external drive. I have done this for years. Now, I can only export one file at a time. Something changed on the Mac side when 2015.2.1 got installed.

• 8. Re: export problem still unsolved

I don't know whether it is a common problem with the Mac. But I just exported 23 images from an external hard drive. No problems whatsoever.

• 9. Re: export problem still unsolved
                          druss PI Level 1

I appreciate your feedback. I thought it might be due to the external drive, so I tried saving on my internal drive. Same problem. I do not know how to get Adobe to respond to me on this issue. I have spent a half hour letting an Adobe tech direct me while sharing my computer, and he ran out of suggestions. I guess I should be happy that 2015.1.1 works fine. I would just like to know what changed to make things not work in 2015.2.1.

• 10. Re: export problem still unsolved
                            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It’s good that Adobe Tech was involved.  At least they can report what they saw happening.

Adobe is always tweaking things to speed up various processing in LR so who knows what changed.  When LR 6 first came out it seemed they were opening and closing the output file multiple times during export, once to render the JPG, once to add the metadata, one or two more times to rename it from a temp-name to the final name, maybe deleting a temp file because they were doing a copy instead of a rename, so maybe they’ve tried to cut back on how many times the open and close it and something’s getting in the way, now, that didn’t before.  It would be a timing issue with either a virus/security program or a backup program that are getting ahold of the files during some stage in the Export and preventing them from being used and it only happens when there are multiple files being exported. 

Sometimes problems like this are time related where a faster computer or different processing can affect what happens.  Is there a particular set of options you’re using that don’t work, for resizing or quality or output format, that work when you change them?  In other words if you’re exporting to JPG and resizing and sharpening, does it work any better if you don’t resize and/or sharpen, or if you resize very small, which would generally be quicker, does it work any better?