1 Reply Latest reply on May 15, 2006 12:58 PM by Jim_Esteban

flash timers, scores and transforms

Silent Witness
      hi
      i have made a flash timer, displayTime, when it reaches 0 i want it to go to another scene but i dont know how to do that.

i have made a score counter, points, if thescore reaches 18000 i want the game to go to anoher scene, but i dont know how to do that.

i have made a game that has a side on picture of my head facing left, in the game you use the arrow keys to move the character, the character changes to face the direction its moving by using _rotation.
      but when i press the rightarrow key it goes upside down, i understand why but is there any way i can transform it by flipping it so it is not upside down.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
        • 1. Re: flash timers, scores and transforms
          Jim_Esteban Level 1
          For the first two take a look at gotoAndPlay() in the help. You should study that thoroughly.

and for the last one. Isn't the other side of you head another image. Try flipping it in Fireworks and then load it into another clip. Leave one visible and the other not. When you want to flip then just switch the visibilities around with something like
          clip1_mc._visible=clip_mc._visible?false:true;
          clip2_mc._vibible=clip_mc._visible?true:false;