3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 9:52 PM by ManiacJoe

Updated LR and now won't auto detect SD card

Jim_139

I have a photographers plan with CC and since updating LR it will no longer auto detect my SD card.  It also won't import the pictures where it used to.  I had a timelapse preset that is now gone and it won't re-install.  It's like all the parameters got changed with the update.  Not impressed Adobe.  Windows 7 64 bit.

• 1. Re: Updated LR and now won't auto detect SD card
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi Jim,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please follow the below steps

> Launch Lightroom

> Go to Edit > Preferences.

> Click on the General tab

> Uncheck “Show ‘Add Photos’ Screen”

> Restart Lightroom

Please copy the images to the computer and then try to import the images.

Hope this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: Updated LR and now won't auto detect SD card
            Jim_139 Level 1

Thank you for the reply.  I tried unchecking that option but no change.  I used to have a good work flow... insert SD card, LR auto detects it and opens.  Look though pictures, a single click shows 1:1 if desired (or go to library, render 1:1 images for all), check the pictures I wanted to keep and import them to a known file on my hard drive.  It was easy and fast.  From there I could develop them, make a time lapse etc or just right click an image and select "show in explorer" then open in PS to further edit the image.  Then I signed up for the photographers plan on creative cloud and it's been nothing but problems.  All I want is to have the same ease of use and functionality I once had.  Why should I have to download the images to the hard drive first?  I'm trying to avoid cluttering up my HD by sifting through the images in LR before importing them.  Speaking of importing them, when I open LR manually and go to Library, new folder, and select the SD card then select some pictures to import it seems to import them but if I then right click one and select "show in explorer", it shows it on the SD card instead of somewhere on my hard drive, so it doesn't seem to have been imported at all.  Don't even get me going on time lapse (LRTimelapse), totally lost that in the update too.

• 3. Re: Updated LR and now won't auto detect SD card
              ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Jim_139 wrote:

Speaking of importing them, when I open LR manually and go to Library, new folder, and select the SD card then select some pictures to import it seems to import them but if I then right click one and select "show in explorer", it shows it on the SD card instead of somewhere on my hard drive, so it doesn't seem to have been imported at all.

In the Import dialog, make sure you are doing a "copy", not an "add".