2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2008 7:45 AM by kabunia

AS / SCORM - how to change course status

MO66
      Hi! I'm new to ActionScript and not so new to SCORM. I've created a simple 3 frame .fla and am using the Flash with SCORM 1.2 tracking template to publish (Flash 8 PRO). When the course is launched from the LMS the course status is set to 'incomplete'. My problem is setting the status to 'complete' when the user hits the last frame. I've been disecting the Flash and HTML code and my head is spinning.

Can anyone give me some direction and also recommend some good, free ActionScript training?

Thanks so much!
        • 1. AS / SCORM - how to change course status
          Supermercado_Gato-eP5SVb Level 1
          Depending on what status you want to set and the type of activity, you should be able to use these fscommands if you're using the "Flash with SCORM Tracking" HTML template:

// Set the status to "completed" for an unscored activity:
          fscommand("LMSSetValue", "cmi.core.lesson_status,completed");

// Set the status to "passed" for a scored activity:
          fscommand("LMSSetValue", "cmi.core.lesson_status,passed");

// Set the status to "failed" for a scored activity:
          fscommand("LMSSetValue", "cmi.core.lesson_status,failed");
          • 2. Re: AS / SCORM - how to change course status
            Does it matter which LMS I'm using for the following code to set the course completion status to "Completed"? (I'm using Mzinga/Knowledge Planet.)

fscommand("LMSSetValue", "cmi.core.lesson_status,completed");

Also, can you tell me what the parameters in the () mean? Are these parameters built-in or do they have to be defined somewhere in my code? I'm a newby to AS as well...

Thanks for your help.