3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2015 5:16 PM by A.T. Romano

No sound on playback in editor of PE13

coltranef78736659

Hey, I've had this problem twice now and its beginning to bug me. When ever I go to edit a video in Premiere elements 13, i lose audio, or it just isnt playing. works fine when I run the unedited video in organizer, and on widows media player. The files are imported MP4s recorded on OBS. I'm running windows 7, please help. The program also tells me I have an update every time I open the app, I think it might not be updating. Could that have something to do with it?

• 1. Re: No sound on playback in editor of PE13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

coltranel

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7 assumed 64 bit.

Please download and install the Adobe Application Manager. That has been found to stop the repeated updating messages when you have already done the updates. Just in case, please confirm that you are working from 13.1 Update. Please see Expert workspace Help Menu/About Premiere Elements.

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Ignore the CC in the version. This is the Adobe Application Manager that has been pointed to for use.

Is creating narration clips with the Narration Tool part of your workflow?

If OBS is the screen capturing software, there is a likely possibility that it records with a variable rather than constant frame rate. Premiere Elements does not do well with this type of frame rate. The symptoms range from audio out of sync to not being able to import the file at all. You can confirm the nature of the frame rate by downloading and installing the free MediaInfo video audio properties readout program. If the video properties include 3 frames rate, then you have variable frame rate and should see in the program's Tree View minimum frame rate, frame rate, maximum frame rate. The typical solution for that condition is to obtain the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate version and import that into the Premiere Elements program.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

https://handbrake.fr/

Is OBS recording with different settings a possibility?

Please consider, supply more information, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Be careful in your choices during the download and install of MediaInfo since the program has been known to travel with unwanted baggage.

• 2. Re: No sound on playback in editor of PE13
            coltranef78736659 Level 1

I don't use the narration tool all the time. With some videos its easier to record the whole thing on OBS and just use that, that is when sound gets cut out. Both my voice from my mic and the sound (usually mostercat off of spotify) in the background. As for the OBS settings, the video encoding is set to x264 ( idk if that creates a H.264.mp4 or not) and my video frame rate for my streaming is locked at 25 so I don't cook my processor. I would think that carries over to video recording. Also, Im not using OBS to capture the screen, OBS has a feature where it can capture the game directly, do I have to lock the games frame rate in that case?

• 3. Re: No sound on playback in editor of PE13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

coltranef

Thanks for the reply.

What information were you able to get from MediaInfo regarding whether or not your problem file has 3 frame rates or 1 in that properties readout program. That would be the decisive and important information on that point (minimum frame rate, frame rate, and maximum frame rate displayed = recorded with variable frame rate).

At while you are in MediaInfo, please let us know what the audio readout gives codec, stereo or 5.1 channel, sampling rate.

Thanks.

ATR