3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2008 11:18 AM by jeanjewel

left navigation

cwash
      Someone else was doing our web updates and now I am; however, I am not able to access the left naviagation to edit it. Any suggestions how to find/access it?
        • 1. left navigation
          EvanAgee
          It depends. When the person setup the website (likely using Dreamweaver) they may have set it up so the navigation is either in a Library item or is part of a locked area in the template. In either case you can't edit it with Contribute. Items which appear throughout the entire site should be maintained in one place (rather than on each page) to make updating the global navigation easier. So, the fact that you can't edit it on the page in Contribute is a feature, not a problem.

So, if you want to be able to edit the navigation bar through Contribute someone with the skill will need to setup your website so the navigation is loaded via an include file that you can access/edit with Contribute. Then, when you make updates to it, it will automatically be applied to the rest of the site as well.

Hope that helps.
          • 2. Re: left navigation
            Level 7
            cwash wrote:
            > Someone else was doing our web updates and now I am; however, I am not able to access the left naviagation to edit it. Any suggestions how to find/access it?

If you are talking about the left navigation as quoted by "Evanagee",
            then he is right.

If you are talking about SideBar (for navigating to pages) in
            contribute, if it is hidden, press F4 to see the sidebar navigation.
            • 3. Re: left navigation
              jeanjewel
              I have this problem too! What do I have to do to make it so that the navigation bar is editable? What do you mean by set-up? Thanks.