2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2015 7:34 PM by Brucgovn

Error Code 12180 and Error Code 12150

Hello - I am trying to load the trial version of InDesign CC - I proceed to install the CC Desktop App (on my Windows 8.1 PC) and it gets hung up a little over half-way thru the process and stating... "CC has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I'm meeting all of the system requirements, but wonder if this is because I have an older version of CS already installed (CS3) - I don't want to uninstall this older program and have read that I shouldn't have to... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• 1. Re: Error Code 12180 and Error Code 12150
          Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

Are you on Windows ? This is a window specific error.

Please check the permissions setting, as this might occur when running Adobe Creative Cloud as a standard user account (Microsoft Windows 10 PRO).

I must add that standard user to local Administrators group.

(NET LOCALGROUP Administrators username-runming-AdobeCreativeCloud /ADD)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error Code 12180 and Error Code 12150
            Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

No need to uninstall CS 3 , not unless as a last resort. There are several things you can try .

I suspect there could be a issue with System files which could be damaged or missing.

Sometimes it could be damaged like corrupted over duration of time or missing in the cases like Security Threat infection or Automated scans...etc.

So , before proceeding further  it is necessary to run the System File Check command once , it will notify and even fix the issue if there is any issue with the System Files on Windows .

You need to run the command in Command DOS prompt windows in elevated mode . and run SFC Scannow command and share the result here , , a screenshot will be Ideal .

You may refer below link :

Let me know , if you need further assistance .
            All the Best .