3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 6:29 PM by A.T. Romano

slideshow

amurry

how do I sync  music in a slideshow?

• 1. Re: slideshow
          A.T. Romano Level 7

amurry

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

Where are you creating this slideshow - in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor (version 12/12.1 and earlier) or in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Builder (version 13/13.1 and current version 14) or instead solely in the Premiere Elements Editor?

What is in your slideshow composed of - photos and music or photos and video audio file plus this music?

I need more definition on what you mean by sync music in a slideshow, more than just placing certain music below a certain photo.

Please consider and supply details. If you have questions or need clarification on the questions above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: slideshow
            amurry Level 1

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 14, the Video Editor part.  My system type is 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor (is this what you are asking by computer operating system?).

I am only using pictures and music that I downloaded from Itunes.  When I say "sync", I am referring to the pictures and music starting and ending together.  The way it is now is...my pictures end and the music continues to play until the end of the last song with a blank black background. I used to use a program where I could stretch the pictures/music to start and end together without cutting off the song.

I hope this explanation helps you understand what I mean.  This is my first time using Adobe so I am not familiar with it.

Any help you can give me is much appreciated!

• 3. Re: slideshow
              A.T. Romano Level 7

amurry

Thanks for your reply with details for your Premiere Elements 14 project.

By what computer operating system, I meant Windows 7 64 bit or Window 8 or 8.1 64 bit, or Windows 10 64 bit.

What workspace are you in - the Expert workspace (with Timeline with numbered video and audio tracks, Voice Track, and Music Track) or in the Quick workspace (with Filmstrip which has bar for text, scene slots for video, narration bar, audio sound clips bar)?

There is no automatic fit audio to slides feature in Premiere Elements 14. You are either going to have to cut your regular type audio to size or use the mouse cursor to drag the audio clip's right edge in or out to decrease or increase its duration without noticeably distorting the music.

If you use the project's soundtrack's (Music Tab/Music Score), you will find that they have special properties which allow you to alter the file's duration without affecting the music arrangement.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/adding-scores-video-clips.html

I am not sure what stage you are in your Premiere Elements workflows, but there is a tutorial "Adding Scores to your movie" which guides you through the process. You select your workspace Expert or Quick and then select Guided to give either Guided Expert or Guided Quick.

With these workspaces, I encourage the use of the Expert workspace since you can see better what is happening and thus have more control over the workflow. Also, the Quick workspace does not have all the features and options that the Expert workspace has.

You may or may not have problems importing iTunes music into the project. Classically there is a problem in that regard. The solution has been to take the iTunes music into iTunes to convert it to the WAV version. And, then import the WAV version into the Premiere Elements project with the project's Add Media/Files and Folders. If you need assistance with the iTunes conversion, please ask. The link for that is iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support

There is also another feature (if you want to explore and experiment) - the Create A Slideshow option which is initiated in Expert workspace Project Assets.

Basically you set unnumbered markers in the audio Timeline, select all your photo files for the intended slideshow while the photos are still in Project Assets (not yet on Timeline), right click any where in the selection, and select Create Slideshow. The dialog that you get will look like.....

CreateSlideshow.JPG

After you set it up, and click OK to the Create Slideshow dialog, each image will be placed at an unnumbered marker.

Lots to think about. We can go at whatever pace you want. If you have any questions or need clarification along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR