1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 5:00 AM by A.T. Romano

Burners not available in Elements 14 - windows 10 - how can I fix this please?

kissakikai

Finished making video but cannot burn to DVD

How can I fix this please - it is a new install of Win.10 and Premier Elements 14 - it worked fine on this PC before the upgrade.

I am trying to burn a regular DVD -, Not Blu-Ray.

Thanks - Vince

• 1. Re: Burners not available in Elements 14 - windows 10 - how can I fix this please?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Vince

If you are using Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit, not 32 bit, and your computer does not use an Intel HD Graphics 2000 or newer video card/graphics card, then please disable the preference named "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer)" found Expert workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Do you have QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your Windows 10 64 bit computer?

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Where do you have the Disc Encoding scratch disks pointed and how much free space is there? See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and the Disc Encoding category.

I have upgraded two of my computers to Windows 10 64 bit. My impression has remained the same - Premiere Elements problems are the same before and after the upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit. So I do not believe this is a fundamental before after after issue. But, the answers will be in the details.

Please consider, supply more details, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....uninstall, ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts), and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled have resolved some of these burner not found issues.

We will consider this next.