• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reactivate cs3

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi how do I reactivate Photoshop CS3 after migrating to anew server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Hi Alexanderreznik,,

Since you are still experiencing issues, I recommend you Contact Customer Care via chat and tell the representative you are unable to activate your software. Chat technicians are unable to provide technical troubleshooting for older products like CS3, but they can check your license and may be able to provide you with alternate means to activate.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexanderreznik,

Are you trying to install CS3 on a new computer? If so, you should install the program directly rather than migrating from one computer to another. Migration typically does not work properly for Adobe products. You can install from disks if you have them or download Photoshop CS3 here: Download CS3 products. Before beginning installation, make sure your new computer meets the System requirements | CS3 point products‌, and have your CS3 serial number on hand: Find your Adobe product serial number quickly.

If this does not answer your question, please provide clarification of what you want to do in a reply to this discussion.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already installed it on the new server. On the old machine  the software is removed and decommissioned. Now on the new server its asking me to activate when I try to do so it cannot connect to the adobe servers and only gives me an option to do activation over the phone where it provides me with the activation number and asking me to enter an auth. code. None of the adobe activation phones work. What do I do?

thank you

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phone activation was discontinued several years ago, but CS3 can still be activated online. If you are getting a connection error, it typically means there are settings on your computer preventing communication with the the activation server. Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this document: Solutions to sign-in, activation, and connection errors with Creative Cloud and Creative Suite appli...‌.

Let us know how it goes!

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think this document applies to CS3. I still tried. I can connect to Internet; see the double logo; hosts file is fine. The only time it failed is when trying to connect to CS5.5 activate test - that didnt work. But this link didnt work from any of the PCs i have. The cs6 activate test worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a firewall or anti-virus software, please disable it before attempting to connect to the activation server.

In addition, you may want to check this thread in which the user experienced a similar issue and was able to solve it by correcting redirected files: CS3 activation - "no connection", no support‌.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need to activate this product. Please help!!!

The internet activation is a no option for us.

Please help me activate this using alternative methods. If I try over the phone activation option I get Activation Number

[personal information removed –mod]

Please provide an authorization number back.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexanderreznik,,

Since you are still experiencing issues, I recommend you Contact Customer Care via chat and tell the representative you are unable to activate your software. Chat technicians are unable to provide technical troubleshooting for older products like CS3, but they can check your license and may be able to provide you with alternate means to activate.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alexanderreznik,

I understand from your private message that you have a volume license for Photoshop CS3. Help for volume licenses is available through the Adobe Licensing Website (LWS): https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricin... . If you are unable to log onto the LWS, please contact whomever oversees the volume license for your company or organization.

Volume licenses for CS3 have a separate installation file, which can only be downloaded via the LWS. If you have downloaded a retail version of CS3 from the link I provided in my initial response to this discussion, it will not work, because the installer is different.

To get more information on LWS download and activation, please see Adobe Licensing Website | Serial numbers, orders,...

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines