2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 9:44 AM by susanronforum

What can I do with Vintage Adobe software?

susanronforum

Actually, I think I already posted a question, but here it is again.... I have very old (maybe 30 years, starting with Aldus PageMaker) Adobe software. I cannot seem to throw it away and it is time to clean out the attic; can I give it away? How old does it have to be? I still used Adobe suite.

• 1. Re: What can I do with Vintage Adobe software?
          Jay Chevako Level 3

I am not sure about the legality of the issue, but from a practical point, why would you want to do that to someone? While you paid thousands for Pagemaker over the years, it's obsolete now. For someone to be able to use it they would need an obsolete computer to use it on. For someone starting out they would be much better served with something like Scribus which is free. The only type of person it would make sense to give/sell it to was someone who has piles of old Pagemaker files they need to convert and access to an old computer to run it
          Jay.

• 2. Re: What can I do with Vintage Adobe software?
            susanronforum Level 1

Actually, there are folks out there that like the old stuff for some weird reason. I chatted with someone from Adobe yesterday that said it would be okay to give away the old stuff. Truthfully, I would like to throw it away but if someone could use it somehow, I'd be glad to give it to them. I guess I feel like it might be wasteful??? Thanks for your opinion.