• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How add ActiveX controls so they appear in the Insert ActiveX List

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH 2015, how can I add custom ActiveX DLL's to the list of available ActiveX controls so that the custom DLL or OCX is listed on Insert ... HTML ... JavaScript ... ActiveX Controls dialog?   Where does RH get this list?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

I believe this is a list of ActiveX controls that are installed on your system. To add one, install the corresponding application and it should pop up in the list.

Please note that ActiveX is outdated and not supported by modern browsers. What are you trying to add? There probably is a better way to achieve the same goal that is supported by browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is a list of ActiveX controls that are installed on your system. To add one, install the corresponding application and it should pop up in the list.

Please note that ActiveX is outdated and not supported by modern browsers. What are you trying to add? There probably is a better way to achieve the same goal that is supported by browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  The solution turned out to be a good deal more complicated on a Win 10 box.  Services had to be started, IE security permissions reduced, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed and added-in to IE, and all that worked to allow the .htm help pages which referenced a PDF to work as expected when viewed directly within a .chm file.

However, in RoboHelp and IE 11 the display of the PDF hangs up with "Initializing".  I am still tracking down how to deal with that.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When embedding a PDF, avoid the ActiveX. Instead, try one of the following:

1. Create a link in the TOC to the PDF baggage file. No need for a topic this way.
  2. Add an iFrame to the topic and point the source to the PDF baggage file. The browser will load the PDF using the built in controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp