4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2009 9:02 AM by coolblue000

FIREWORKS - WEB/HELP

Hi Guys,

I have created a webpage designing in photoshop CS4. But all web level validations(javascript, HTML) i am doing with the help of the dreamviewer coding area. Now i need your help. I have created a background image as rounded rectangle, rounded buttons and rounded frame (page areas like HEADER,FOOTER). I need to import these things to DREAMWEAVER for validations. For eg: When i try to export the buttons (rounded) its not exported as rounded button as regular rectangle. I have tried polygon slice but the result is same. Can anyone help me creating my website. If anyother ways than doing in dreamweaver please advice me.

Regards,
      DK
        • 1. Re: FIREWORKS - WEB/HELP
          pixlor Level 4
          quote:

Originally posted by: coolblue000
          ... I have created a background image as rounded rectangle, rounded buttons and rounded frame (page areas like HEADER,FOOTER). I need to import these things to DREAMWEAVER for validations. For eg: When i try to export the buttons (rounded) its not exported as rounded button as regular rectangle. I have tried polygon slice but the result is same. ...

All images are rectangular. To have an image look like it has rounded corners, you must do some trickery. Either the corner must be made transparent or it must be made the color of your background. If you make the corner transparent, you cannot anti-alias the corner because then you would need to use a .png image with full alpha transparency, and that is not well-supported by older browsers.

The polygon slice tool is used to define an area within a rectangular image that can be used as a hot spot in an image map. It does not define an irregularly-shaped image.

• 2. Re: FIREWORKS - WEB/HELP
            Level 1

Thanks Pixor,

Can you help me with this. Like i have designed a webpage using photoshop. Now how can implement the design as my web (validations..etc..). Is it possible to do in Dreamweaver ? If possible please help. Just i need an intro, If i get used to then i can handle it. This is my problem.

Regards,

• 3. Re: FIREWORKS - WEB/HELP
              pixlor Level 4

You may have produced a design - an image - in Photoshop, but you have to turn that into HTML for it to be a Web page. For that, yes, you should use Dreamweaver, not Photoshop and not Fireworks.  Although Fireworks does output HTML, it is not intended for llive sites, it is only for mockups. You can't just draw a nice picture and expect a program to turn that into a decent Web site for you. Programs are not that smart! Dreamweaver is a complex program and so you need to have some understanding of what you're doing when you go to use it.

Here's a book I like:

HTML, XHTML, and CSS, Sixth Edition (Visual Quickstart Guide) by Elizabeth Castro

It covers everything in small chunks and is light enough to carry around and read.

Some tutorials:

W3Schools

The CSS Tutorial

Once you understand what HTML is, then open Dreamweaver and go through the tutorials that are included with the program. Dreamweaver is a complex program (just as Photoshop is) and you'll need to learn how to use the program, too.

• 4. Re: FIREWORKS - WEB/HELP
                Level 1

Thanks Pixor !!!!

Thats was very helpful. Very thanks,

Regards,