1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 8:18 AM by Mylenium

melting effect

kathrins37294896

Hi there,

I have a text and I am trying to find a way how to make my text melt. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4OldypnZNw

I have no clue how to do that and did not find any helpful tutorials at all.

any info would be appreciated thanks

• 1. Re: melting effect
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

There's nothing related to AE in that project beyond substituting the text in the final reveal. The rest is done in a 3D program. Otherwise there's not much to say about the matter. Sure, something similar could be done using e.g. FreeForm Pro with animated displacement maps and other effects, but your mere mention of "I have no clue" and looking for a tutorial sets off my "beginner alert" red light (no offense). Such stuff tends to require some experience and lots of tweaking to get right, so the brutally honest answer, that will no doubt appear rude, is to either buy the project, trim down your requirements and go for something simpler or come back at some later point after you have mastered things like working with a 3D camera. As an alternative, slicing up the project in separate tasks to create the "splash" and "dynamic extrusion" (*hint hint*) based on separate tutorials, possibly involving stock footage elements, might also be a way.

Mylenium