9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 7:35 AM by thood341

supported browsers "its update time" ????

thood341

I am running IE9 and get a prompt to update to a newer version but need to run this version.  What are the supported versions and where to I find that info.  I have been searching and can't seem to located that info.   I sent some people a URL from my Lightroom Mobile website and they are prompted to upgrade IE browser.

Thanks

• 1. Re: supported browsers "its update time" ????
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi thood341,

I don't think so it has something to do with Lightroom, these are the updates of Windows Browser.

So if you are on Windows 7 please try the following :

• Click the Start button.
          • Click on Control Panel.
          • If you are in the Category view in Control Panel, click on System and Security. * If you are in the Large icons or Small icons view skip to the next step.
          • Then click on Windows Update.
          • Click Change settings in the left pane.
          • Under Important updates, click the drop down menu box. *It should say Install updates automatically (recommended).
          • Select and click on Download but let me choose which updates to install.
          • Click on the OK button. Then exit out of Control Panel.

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: supported browsers "its update time" ????
            thood341 Level 1

Hi Tanuj

I wasn't looking at how to upgrade IE browser OR Windows - that much I am very aware of - my "unclear" question is what are the IE browser versions are acceptable.  I know IE9 users will get a prompt.  What about IE10, IE11, etc ??  Does this site require that you must be on the latest greatest browsers?   If I send a link to a client to view images, I would like to know what "might" cause them an issue or find another location to display images to them - that doesn't have this restriction.

Thanks for your prompt feedback.

BTW - my workstation is up to date on all critical Windows patches - its just that we run browsers ranging from IE9 (due to some application restrictions up to IE11), but this is in reference to my workstation and I also run Chrome and Firefox and can get by the "Its Update Time" prompt using those browsers.

I had this message before when I sent a link to family - so this time I thought I would investigate - why.

• 3. Re: supported browsers "its update time" ????

Could you please install Google Chrome once on the computer, and then make it as a Default Browser once, and then try to open the link on the browser.

• 4. Re: supported browsers "its update time" ????
                thood341 Level 1

I already have Google Chrome installed and it "was" my default browser and I do not have a problem with Chrome OR Firefox - when using the link.

I not sure how this is related to a listing of supported browser version for Internet Explorer.  Sorry, I'm just not following your questions.

Help me understand why you are asking for me to install Google Chrome ??

Thanks for your responses.

• 5. Re: supported browsers "its update time" ????

I don't think so it is something from Lightroom end to do for the update prompt of Internet Explorer.

• 6. Re: supported browsers "its update time" ????
                    JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To my knowledge, Lightroom Mobile is compatible with all versions of Internet Explorer. It is not fully compatible with Edge, the new browser in Windows 10. Edge will display the photos and run slideshows. However, if you try to edit a photo in Lightroom Mobile running on Edge you will get the message indicating that editing is not supported. At least that is what happens on my computer.

I have not tried Lightroom with all versions of Internet Explorer. I never use it. I prefer to use Google Chrome and have it set as my default browser.

• 7. Re: supported browsers "its update time" ????
                      Richard Coencas Adobe Employee

Lightroom Web supports IE10 and IE11. As mentioned above, Edge is supported, but has a couple of limitations.

• 8. Re: supported browsers "its update time" ????
                        thood341 Level 1

Jim / Richard

That's the exact information I was looking for.  I can verify that it does not work with IE9.  I have run into this issue with several people I have sent links to.  I have also previous re-migrated images to Flickr because of this error.  That is why I wanted to find the exactly what versions are supported.  I understand IE9 is an older version but it still exists on some users PC's.  I also understand that Chrome / Firefox is a better browser ( IMHO )  .

I just haven't found any location on the Adobe site about supported versions and thought this site would provide that info.

Again, just wanted to understand the parameters that Lightroom Mobile web works with.

BTW - I understand Adobe "not" supporting IE9 to encourage browser updating.

Thanks !!!!!

• 9. Re: supported browsers "its update time" ????
                          thood341 Level 1

I found this under "Creative Cloud" support searching but doesn't seem to match up with LR or rather viewing of websites published via LR Mobile

I am on Win7(32) running IE9, Firefox, Chrome.  IE9 is the only one that does not work.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Browser Compatibility

Mac OSWindows 7Windows 8

Safari 7.x

Internet Explorer 9

Internet Explorer 10

Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 10

Internet Explorer 11

Google ChromeGoogle ChromeGoogle Chrome
                          Firefox 4 or laterFirefox 4 or laterFirefox 4 or later