Adobe Application Manager crashes as soon as I click 'Sign in'

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64-bit

Desktop

Installing Adobe Acrobat Professional DC

Has Adobe Reader DC installed but no other Adobe products.

After installation is finished and I launch Acrobat DC I see the warning box that says I have to sign in. I click the Sign In button and the screen changes to 'Adobe SignIn has stopped responding' and then it closes.

I've run the repair function in Control Panel > Programs

I've removed the program, restarted and reinstalled it - no change.

Note: when I tried to remove it, the Adobe Application Manager refused to close and I had to end the process manually. Only then would the program allow itself to be removed.

Program is currently installed but when you launch it it wants you to "Sign In" and then will immediately stop working.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please close all the tasks below from the activity monitor/task manager and then check:

creative cloud process.JPG

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately none of those are running in the Task Manager.

When I launch Acrobat Professional DC 'PDapp.exe*32' (Adobe Application Manager) launches. When I click on 'Sign in' then 'AASIapp.exe' launches and immediately crashes.

"Adobe Account SignIn has stopped working' is displayed. When I hit the 'close' button, AASIapp.exe closes. PDapp.exe*32 stays until I kill it.

I tried removing the op file as recommended here: (this also did not work)

Solution 5: Delete the contents of the OOBE folder and relaunch the CC Desktop app. 

1. Quit the Creative Cloud Desktop application from the gear icon in the upper-right corner
  2. Browse to the following location based on your operating system.
    Windows: C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

3. Delete the entire contents of the OOBE folder.

4. Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud Desktop application again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is still appearing in 2019 and the solution by stephanied48098632​ is still valid. I have a Mac OS X machine running Mojave 10.14.2 and the above answer works, just change the steps to fit this OS.

To reiterate:

1. Quit Adobe Creative Cloud in the Mac OS X task bar. Icon > [vertical dots] > Quit.
  2. Open a Finder and browse to: /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  3. Send the whole OOBE folder to the Trash.
  4. Restart the machine. Relaunch the Adobe Creative Cloud app, if needed. You will have to log in again to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines