• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cpv 9 problem with objects moving around when state changes

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 9 and having a problem that seems like a bug but perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Here's the workflow:

1. add a new shape to the stage via the Shapes drop-down
  2. make the shape a button
  3. position the shape using the "position" tab in Properties (in some cases I drag the shape to the general area and precisely position it with the tab's parameters, other cases I do it all with the parameters)
  4. go to state view and apply styling for Rollover and Down states, which is different than Normal state

Quite often, but not 100% of the time, when I hover over the shape in the published project it jumps to a different place on the screen and then back to its original place. The location it jumps to is the location I first drew the shape (step 1).

When I go to State view in the editor and select the Rollover and Down states the shape jumps to the original spot, like it does in the published project (but it doesn't do that when I'm initially styling the shape (step 4).

The only remedy I've found is to delete the shape and start all over (and hope it doesn't happen again). This is incredibly tedious and time-consuming and seems like a bug in the new State view functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some additional information....

My project is responsive. I create shapes in Desktop mode and when I switch to Tablet portrait mode the objects aren't positioned correctly for that viewport size so I re-position them. It's those two locations that the object jumps back-and-forth between in the published output.

This seems like a bug but am I creating things incorrectly in the editor?

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An additional update. I believe I've figured out the problem was failing to assign "% relative" to the value for "Top" on the shape. The problem wasn't related to states at all.

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most issues are linked to the Position Properties panel for responsive projects.

Just one tip: if you add object to a state, which is possible for custom states (not InBuilt states for a shape button) be sure to link those objects relative to the main object (shape button) instead of to the borders of the slide. That way the objects will keep their relative position when you move the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources