6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2006 2:54 PM by susarasus

How to find out where the project directory is located

susarasus
      I can't get Flex 2.0 to see my class library. I have been going to property and adding a source path --- it doesn't work.
        • 1. Re: How to find out where the project directory is located
          ntsiii Level 3
          I bark at people who post Flex language questions in the Flex Builder forum, so I should do the same to folks who post FB questions here: woof!

I am far from an expert on FB2, but I have gotten AS classes located in other folders to work in my project.

Do you get any errors?

Does your package name match the folder structure?

Tracy
          • 2. Re: How to find out where the project directory is located
            susarasus Level 1
            Thanks Tracy,
            I don't mind being barked at --- it helps me learn --- I assure I have no wish to rearrange the way these forums work --- but I'm a little dense at the forward part of the learning curve.
            Not being able to get Flex to work I thought I'd try to see if plain old Flash would clarify the problem for me for Flex. I really want to use Flex and not Flash. So, I get an extra clue as to what I'm doing wrong. You'll see it if you can open the attached (.fla, .as, a set of classes files named (ASCB3Library)) files. I'' suffer another bark or more if you'll help. Thanks either way.

1. .fla file has nothing in it except a reference the the .as file named gsaras.as. Here it is:
            package {
            import flash.display.Sprite;
            import ascb.drawing.Pen;
            public class gsaras extends Sprite {
            public function gsaras() {
            gsaras.graphics.lineStyle(1,0,1);
            gsaras.graphic.lineTo(300,200);

var pen:Pen = new Pen(gsaras.graphics);
            pen.drawArc(100,100,50,80,20, true);
            }
            }
            }

The classes file contains a package named drawing.Pen.as.

I wish I could attach them but don't know how.
            • 3. Re: How to find out where the project directory is located
              ntsiii Level 3
              I don't know Flash so I won't miss the .fla file, and Flash stuff won't help me work on the problem.

But back to the original questions:
              Do you get any errors? Does your package name match the folder structure? And another, Is your class library compiled into a SWC?

Tracy
              • 4. Re: How to find out where the project directory is located
                susarasus Level 1
                Yes, I get errors --- at line 3 (import ASCB3Library.classes.ascb.drawing.Pen) and at line 11 (var pen:Pen = newnPen(graphics);

my package name is simply package --- Shall change it to package ASCB3Library.classes.ascb.drawing.Pen ?

my class library shows three .swcs (playerglobal.swc,utilities.swc, flex.swc) --- so my answer is No. I think you are telling me to add another library path --- I'm cautious about screwing this up any worse than I have so I 'm not inclined to forge forward.
                • 5. Re: How to find out where the project directory is located
                  ntsiii Level 3
                  What errors?

The package name must be the same as the folder structure, starting at the root of the app or at the source path.

If it doesn't work, it can't get any worse!

Tracy
                  • 6. Re: How to find out where the project directory is located
                    susarasus Level 1
                    Tracy, Thanks. I will be in touch with later. I plan to abort Flex --- that is explore other tools. I'll be in touch with you when I encounter other problems. I'm confident you are plenty sharp --- Thanks again!