2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 6:17 PM by whsprague

"Edit In" working for RAWs but not .JEPGs in latest LR CC

whsprague Level 4

I'm on Windows 7, with lots of RAM.  I'm working through a Photoshop course on Linda.com and learning to use Lightroom and Photoshop together.  After delaying the update from 2015.1 to 2015.2.1, I elected to updated a few days ago.   Lightroom and Photoshop both installed smoothly with the Creative Cloud application. 

The the procedure of "Edit In" and selecting Photoshop works as it did before with RAW photos from a Panasonic (".RW2"). 

It does not work with any JPEG from any source.  Nor can I "Edit In" third party plug-ins from Nik and Topaz with either JPEGs or RAWs.  The plug-ins still work in Photoshop. 

When I "Edit in" with anything but the RAW files, Lightroom freezes.  I have to open the Task Manager and kill it. 

A work around for the JPEgs is to "Show in Explorer" and then "Open With....Photoshop".  

Suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: "Edit In" working for RAWs but not .JEPGs in latest LR CC
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi whsprague,

Please follow the below steps.

Open Lightroom

Go to Lightroom Preferences from the Edit menu

Click on Performance tab

Uncheck the Graphics Processor

then, Go to General tab

Uncheck the option " Show Add photo screen"

Restart Lightroom

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

~Mohit

• 2. Re: "Edit In" working for RAWs but not .JEPGs in latest LR CC
            whsprague Level 4

Thank you Mohit for the fast reply. 

Having followed the recent LR update user response, I had both of those unchecked as soon as the update was complete.  Those check boxes should not have been the source of the anomaly.

What is odd, is that something changed during the last two hours of sending RAW files back and forth between LR and PS for the course I'm working on.  When I wrote the inquiry here, the edit dialog box had Photoshop and Photoshop Elements in the top two lines.  Photoshop Elements has been replaced by a third party plugin and is nowhere on the list of choices. 

Better, it decided to work!  JPEGs open using the "What to Edit" box with the usual three choices.  The plugins work too!  

I'm not new to LR as I started learning it with 4x, worked through 5x and joined in on the CC for 6x to get a chance to learn Photoshop.  I'm embarrassed to have asked for help on something that fixed itself so quickly! 

Thanks again for your help.

Best...

Bill S