2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 1:54 AM by D Fosse

"Edit in Photoshop CC" Contrast Issue

GTPhotoNJ Level 1

Any time I choose to edit a photo in Photoshop CC from my Lightroom CC library, the photo gets a drastic boost in contrast when it opens in PS.  Normally, I edit in PS before I make any LR adjustments, and I don't apply any presets on import.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: "Edit in Photoshop CC" Contrast Issue
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi GTPhotoNJ,

Please check the below discussion related to the same.

Photoshop and Lightroom Images are Different - Much lower contrast

Pictures looks different in Photoshop & Lightroom

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

~Mohit

• 2. Re: "Edit in Photoshop CC" Contrast Issue
            D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Photoshop and Lightroom should always display absolutely identically. If they don't, something is happening in the conversion from each app's source profile and into your monitor profile.

The prime suspect is always the monitor profile. Are you using a calibrator? If you do, make sure it's not set to make version 4 and/or LUT (table)-based profiles. Both these are known to cause problems. V2 and matrix are the safe options.

If you're not using a calibrator you may have a defective manufacturer monitor profile, possibly delivered through Windows Update.

You can test both by replacing your current monitor profile with sRGB. Assuming Windows, here's how:

display_profile_7.png

Relaunch both apps when done so that they can load the new profile at startup (but no reboot necessary).

If that's not it, the problem could be in the conversion itself, which by default is set to be performed by the GPU in both apps. Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" in both. This shifts the display color management back to the CPU, which is more reliable.