1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 5:55 PM by Mohit Goyal

Discrepancy between Show in Finder photo location and Source Pathway on left screen

harrya73235681

Here is how my organisation looks in LR:

How Folders Are Organized in LR.png

And this is what the Import on the left side looks like:

Import Into Saigon Day 1 Folder.png

When I go to a photo such as the one in LR above and ask “Show in Finder” I get the following:

Show in Finder .png

I have no idea how a Desktop folder got in to the Paul Lightroom Catalog Folder (I set this up to show my photographer friend some of my photos before I left), but it is somehow getting my photos now when I load them.

The correct storage I want is:

Desired location for LR photos.png

When I go to Import the right upper corner shows:

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 10.16.24 PM.png

Is this a problem with the Destination Location set in the right upper corner below Macintosh HD? I am saving my photos on an external drive and they all seem to be in that Paul Lightroom, etc folder.

Also, when I go to a file (see below) it thinks these are all new photo, when in fact I have already imported them and made some changes in Develop.

LR thinks these are all new.png

I just don’t want to lose all my changes I make on the trip so far and I don’t know if this setup will confuse my Catalog. I don’t understand the discrepancy between where I think I am importing my photos and the Show in Finder location, et.

Thanks for any help.

Harry