8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 1:40 AM by alexkappel

Dreamweaver cc 2015 freezes every time I save

linda-o

I have recently upgraded to El Capitan and purchased Adobe Creative Cloud. I have been working in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign without a problem.

Ihave been working in DW. At first my only problem was that it hung on the caching every time. I have to delete the Configuration file and restart. That is a problem, but I was eventually able to work. Now if I make any changes and try to save, it just hangs. Unable to work and save at all.

Please help.

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver cc 2015 freezes every time I save
          BenPleysier Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It seems that El Capitan is causing a few problems for Dreamweaver. I do not have myself but going on the reactions of others, there is one answer that seems to stand out.

Try turning off auto-hide menu bar in your system prefs -- that seems to be a trigger for crash on startup in El Capitan...

If you follow this discussion, you may not feel so lonely.

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver cc 2015 freezes every time I save
            linda-o Level 1

I really appreciate your comment here... waiting in cyberspace for a lifeline...

I did check that auto hide was not checked, so that is not the problem.

Thanks for the discussion link. I will post again here if I find the answer to this problem.

In the meantime, anyone else out there have suggestions?

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver cc 2015 freezes every time I save
              linda-o Level 1

So... I know how to clear my user cache from Application Support>Adobe>Dreamweaver>en_US>Configuration.

Deleting the Configuration file stops the problem of hanging when it is going through the cache. Although I still have to do this process again and again. There is an option under Site>Manage Sites>Advanced Setting>Local Info that allows you to uncheck caching. I am trying this option, though other things might take longer to load.

I tried the Javascript link from the other discussion, and downloaded the version recommended: Java for OS X 2015-001

I don't think this made any difference.

What seems to work is to NOT use the Save or Save All function. If I choose the "Preview in Browser" function, the program will work for several minutes, then finally pops up a message that files need to be saved in order to view. I choose yes, and the program saves and previews. I don't really think that this is a very good "answer" to this problem. Is this just an inherent problem with Dreamweaver CC that we have to deal with? Or is there a solution out there from Adobe?

• 4. Re: Dreamweaver cc 2015 freezes every time I save
                Preran Adobe Employee

Hi Linda,

:Looks like you are having problems despite the excellent suggestions from Ben. If you have a purchased version of DW, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone# we will get in touch with you. Click my picture and use the message option.

Thanks,

Preran

• 5. Re: Dreamweaver cc 2015 freezes every time I save
                  linda-o Level 1

Sorry, I am not used to the Adobe message interface. Did you receive my message?  I did not receive a "message sent" confirmation, so I am not sure if it went through. Your name did appear in the interface, I typed a subject and message, hit Send, and the Send button greyed out. I also joined you as a "follower", and tried sending again, but again, no confirmation. If you did not receive, is there another alternative?

Thank you.

• 6. Re: Dreamweaver cc 2015 freezes every time I save
                    Preran Adobe Employee

Nope, I did not recevie a message. Can you try again using a different browser?

• 7. Re: Dreamweaver cc 2015 freezes every time I save
                      linda-o Level 1

Thanks to Preran and to Akshay, who responded pretty quickly to this issue. What is crazy is that when Akshay contacted me, the problem was not occurring. I don't really understand it, as I had tried quitting the program and restarting more than once. After shutting down the computer for the weekend, I was suddenly able to work today without a crash. It does seem that if I do a lot of work, then go to Preview, it hangs longer. I am trying to save more frequently and it seems to help.

• 8. Re: Dreamweaver cc 2015 freezes every time I save
                        alexkappel

I got this problem today and I'm NOT using El Capitan. I still use Yosemite (10.10.3).

I trying to find Application Support>Adobe>Dreamweaver>en_US>Configuration but I'm lost. I know I have deleted similar files before when CS6 had issues starting up.