3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2015 9:11 PM by MrMathType

Non-breaking space used in MathType not supporting in InDesign

ArcRaj Level 1

Hi,

We imported MathType EPS in InDesign with  (non-breaking space), output looks as junk. When checked with 'Design Science' they said no issue in MathType. Could anyone have faced this issue? If yes, please advise.

Input coding:

<math>

<mtext>estimated value</mtext>

</math>

MathType output:

Untitled_MathType.png

InDesign output:

Untitled.png

• 1. Re: Non-breaking space used in MathType not supporting in InDesign
          MrMathType Level 2

Actually what "Design Science" said is that when I pasted this string:

<math>

<mtext>estimated value</mtext>

</math>

into MathType, I don't get any errors, nor did I get any errors when I pasted it into InDesign. I'm still willing to help, but you have not answered the questions I consider relevant:

• How are you converting this into MathType EPS?
          • Where does the MathML come from before it gets into the XML document? (I need all the steps of your workflow, and need to know all the software you’re using along the way.)

If anyone else in the forum has additional input or suggestions, it's most welcome.

Thanks,

Bob Mathews

Design Science

• 2. Re: Non-breaking space used in MathType not supporting in InDesign
            ArcRaj Level 1

Thanks Bob, please find below the given response and confirm:

We’re capturing each MathML node and save them as EPS using MathType and in the initial stage we’re converting the MathType EPS into MathML at the time of XML conversion. Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: Non-breaking space used in MathType not supporting in InDesign
              MrMathType Level 2

Thanks. I have responded to your email. For the benefit of anyone else following this thread, either now or at some point in the future, I have asked for the MathML at the beginning, the EPS that MathType creates from that MathML, and the MathML that results from the conversion in the last step.