5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2006 12:07 PM by ntsiii

HTTPService

MahePya
      In HTTPService the sending request is in the form of AsynchronousToken(such as send();AsyncToken).

I want to know is it possible to send the request the form of SynchronousToken.

My problem is some cases HTTPService not send the message properly because of is it in Asynchronous Token.
        • 1. Re: HTTPService
          ntsiii Level 3
          No, all data request operations in Flex are asynchronous. Synchronous is not possible.

What problem are you having? I doubt that it is because of the AsyncToken.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: HTTPService
            MahePya Level 1
            Hey thax to reply.

I am calling the httpservice frequently. I can get the response perfectly for my sending request . But in some times the HTTPServices sending request is failure(say in another word i could not get the response of that sending request).

Thanx in advance,
            Mahe.
            • 3. Re: HTTPService
              ntsiii Level 3
              When an HTTPRequest fails, it returns a "fault" event, instead of a "result" event.

You need to set up a faultHandler fucntions to deal with this condition.

Tracy
              • 4. Re: HTTPService
                MahePya Level 1
                Hey thanx to reply.

If i clear the cache it's works fine.

Thanks and regards by
                Mahe.

• 5. Re: HTTPService
                  ntsiii Level 3
                  Lots of people run into the cache problem and ther is no single simple solution. If you can control the server, there may be response header settings you can set to prevent caching.

Another solution is to append a random value to the url. Some people use Date, some use a random number.

Tracy