3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 5:50 AM by youssefd44352248

tool bucket too weird to grasp?

youssefd44352248 Level 1

The tool bucket in Flash is maybe the worst tool I have ever tried in my life. Even with a seemingly closed path, the tool doesn't work. In cheap programs like Manga Studio, you can change the tolerance so even the paths with huge gaps can be filled.

I don't understand why is Flash like that? even the eraser is so primitive compared to that of Manga Studio. Manga Studio has a  smart eraser that allows you to remove whole lines or segments in one click.  Imagine your drawing is the letter "A", the letter "A" is composed of 3 segment, you can remove any segment of the three.

• 1. Re: tool bucket too weird to grasp?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It sounds like you like using Manga Studio.  You should use whatever you feel comfortable using.  As far as inexpensive graphics software goes, I used to use Paint Shop Pro before they went it made it work like Photoshop, essentially ruining it.  I have never heard of Manga, but that is probably because I do not do a lot of graphics work these days that requires me to go beyond the tools I have.  I have relied on Flash for a lot of the graphics work that I have done over the years.  I got used to how it works and made the best of it.  If I needed some other software to get the effect I need then that is where I went for it. 

When you join/cross lines in flash you create new segments.  Your 3 line drawing of a letter A will convert into 5 segments if the lines are all on the same layer and properly connected.  There is nothing wrong with that.  If you wish to retain the three then you can opt to use different layers for them or draw them each as objects.

• 2. Re: tool bucket too weird to grasp?
            Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

When you select the paint bucket there is an extra icon that appears in the palette. It's a circle, and the help tip says "gap size". You can use that the get Flash to fill areas that have gaps in the outline.

• 3. Re: tool bucket too weird to grasp?
              youssefd44352248 Level 1

Thanks a lot, I agree with you, the segment works great, just one click and I can remove a segment.