3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 2:12 PM by A.T. Romano

How to add both FadeInCompress and FadeOutCompress to a title?

TheSensFan

I have a title that is one line and I have applied the animation FadeInCompress which is working fine. However, after the text is on teh screen I want to apply FadeOutCompress to the text.  I can't figure out how to apply two animations to the same title.  So far I have had two create two titles with the same text.  The issue with that is if I don't get the text ligned up exactly on both titles you can see the text shift (ever so lightly) when the second title come up.

• 1. Re: How to add both FadeInCompress and FadeOutCompress to a title?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TheSensFan

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer environment?

You should not be able to apply more than one animation to a given line of text in the opened Titler.

Have you tried this scenario.

1. Create title 1 in the Titler, apply your FadeInCompress. Close out of the Titler.

2. Go to Expert workspace/Project Assets and right click the title 1 thumbnail there. In the pop down menu, select and click on Duplicate.

3. Drag the Duplicate from Project Assets to the Timeline, and place it side by side with title 1 already there.

4. Double click the Duplicate to open it in Titler, and apply FadeOutCompress. Close out of the Titler.

5. Render the Timeline and see what that looks like.

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to add both FadeInCompress and FadeOutCompress to a title?
            TheSensFan Level 1

This worked perfectly!  I couldn't figure out how to properly duplicate as I found out thre hard way i can't simply copy and paste.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: How to add both FadeInCompress and FadeOutCompress to a title?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

The SensFan

Thanks for reporting outcome. Great it worked for you. Well done.

When I apply the FadeOutCompress to the Duplicate in the opened Titler, I have just been hitting the Apply and not bothering with the Remove (for FadeInCompress) before hitting Apply (for FadeOutCompress). The overwriting seems to be working in this instance.

Best wishes for your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR