2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2015 5:39 AM by rob day

Exporting Facing Pages to Printer Spreads

PlatinumSpork Level 1

So I have a problem with a test file for a new printer client.

Our files are 10x11 facing pages, with .125" bleed all around. We have built the file as facing pages, with images that overlap the spread on many of the pages in the document. My boss has tried to export this as single pages but every time she does it, it comes out without a bleed on the inner margins that fit into the fold. So I went ahead and exported them as single pages with the document bleed settings selected.

When I export the file to pdf, the file I get is still set as facing pages, but it does have the overlap from the next page. Left page has right page for .125", and the inverse for right pages.

I know that we need to get some imposing software, but since its only for one client that we might not use, is there any way to export the file from ID to pdf without any extra software?

• 1. Re: Exporting Facing Pages to Printer Spreads
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You cannot export printer's spreads from ID, but you can print them to postscript from Print Booklet, then distill (or print to PDF virtual Printer on Windows).

Much easier, though to export single pages and use Acrobat's booklet function to impose.

• 2. Re: Exporting Facing Pages to Printer Spreads
            rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When I export the file to pdf, the file I get is still set as facing pages, but it does have the overlap from the next page. Left page has right page for .125", and the inverse for right pages.

That's normal when you include an inside bleed. Most binding methods don't require an inside bleed, the exception would be a binding like wire-o where the inside edge is trimmed and visible. Some printers request an inside bleed, but it's going to get removed in the imposition.