1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2006 11:08 AM by peterent

Need to convince IT managers that Flash 9 is safe!

swickes Level 1
      I have an opportunity to create a great Flex application that my company will sell to Fortune 500 companies. My boss thinks we're going to get pushback from Fortune 500 IT managers because Flash 9 is "too new", "too risky", or "we just don't allow any plugin downloads at our company!

Personally, I think arguments are silly, and I don't expect to hear them from top-quality, informed IT managers.

But to get started, I need to show my boss info that building an application based on Flash 9 is not "risky business!" Links to white papers, News articles or even blogs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Steve
        • 1. Re: Need to convince IT managers that Flash 9 is safe!
          peterent Level 2
          We do hear that a lot. Flash 9 in completely compatable with every SWF ever made - try to get any other piece of software to do that!

Flash 9 is also chock full of security features making it one of the safest pieces of software around. If anyone in your company goes to a site with Flash content, then they already allow plug-ins; they probably don't even know they have the Flash player!

Check out www.flex.org as a starting place. There are links to all kinds of stuff there. Good luck and we appreciate your efforts. Contact me off-line if you'd like to speak to an Adobe account representative in your area.