11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 5:20 AM by Steve Grisetti Branched from an earlier discussion.

Premiere Elements refund

JoA41 Level 1

I wish you could get this kind of response for premiere elements.  They won't allow you to talk to anyone on the phone about this app and you just get chat support from India, which usually accomplishes nothing, as they have no direct way to contact the home office where billing is done.  I've been waiting over two weeks for a refund that never seems to materialize.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements refund
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 14 from Adobe as a download within the last 30 days? And, have you applied for a return/refund from Adobe and are waiting for the refund? If all that is so, then please contact online Adobe Chat Orders with your case (or referral number) to find the status of the return/refund.  If you do not get a satisfactory reply, then ask for a supervisor.

Contact Customer Care

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user forum.

You can also explore the telephone number given online for Adobe Customer Service.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Adobe+Customer+Service&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Just in case note..regarding

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 14 from Adobe as a download within the last 30 days?

If you purchased Premiere Elements 14 elsewhere, then you are governed by the return/refund policy of the seller.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements refund
            JoA41 Level 1

I did apply for a refund and I am still waiting for the refund, even though I have contacted Adobe by Chat 5 times and the original RMA was dated 10/21.  They continually tell me that either the refund has been granted or will appear soon, but it still has not been applied to my credit card.  The first explanation was that there was a technical difficulty and they gave me a new RMA number.  That refund has also supposedly been completed but still is not showing up as a credit on my card.  I am beginning to think they are just telling me whatever they want with no idea when the credit will come, if ever.  It is now in dispute status with my credit card company.

(I purchased directly from Adobe as a download.)

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements refund
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

Thanks for the follow up.

This being an essentially user to user forum all we can do as user is to encourage you to keep after Adobe for the return/refund. Adobe and your credit card company seem to be the prime parties in matter. Unless you or your credit card company are doing it already, please request a supervisor when seeking status for the current RMA and keep documentation of your contacts (with names).

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements refund
                JoA41 Level 1

I have all the chats and documentation.  I just spoke with an agent who was barely conversant in English.  He would not or could not put me in touch with a supervisor, even though I repeatedly asked him to do that.  As with previous agents, he assured me he would fix it and have the refund in 5 to 7 days (or 2 days if possible).  I have no faith it will happen, as the first credit shows up as having been paid, when it actually never was credited. I discovered the 2nd RMA refund was cancelled, not paid as I was told this morning. (Looked it up myself.)  Hopefully my credit card company will have better luck.  This has been most frustrating, especially because there is no way to actually call and talk to someone in authority.  I will NEVER purchase from Adobe again, and I think many others are just as frustrated with the company.  Perhaps they are out of funds and that is why they can't credit my account.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements refund
                  MadisonMLeupp Adobe Employee

Hi JoA,

We're so sorry this has been a frustrating experience. I just checked your account and found that the refund just went through in our system today. You should be seeing the funds (79.68 USD) in 5-7 business days.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thank you!

-Madison

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements refund
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

I just saw the response that you have gotten from Adobe's MadisonLeupp.....Wonderful news....and, great customer service from Madison who saw your thread and stepped forward to help you. You have a valuable advocate in Madison.

If you do decide to revisit Premiere Elements as your video editor, I would look forward to the opportunity to assist you in this forum with your workflows..

But, whatever your video editor decision is, we send best wishes for success.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements refund
                      JoA41 Level 1

Thank you for this, but how were  you able to check my account without my RMA #? When I checked the latest RMA# today, it said the refund had been cancelled.  I assumed this was because whoever processed it thought the refund was paid the first time.  The first RMA said it had been completed on 10/25 or 10/26, I believe.  Are you saying Adobe is just now getting around to crediting the account today and that it will be another 5 to 7 days to show up?

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements refund
                        MadisonMLeupp Adobe Employee

Hi,

As an Employee Admin here, I can see your Adobe ID to view your account in our system.

And yes, I'm afraid there was an issue with processing for the RMA- so it was placed at the correct time, but was stuck which therefore delayed the completion.

Please let me know if you have any further questions- you should now have received the funds.

Thanks,

Madison

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements refund
                          JoA41 Level 1

Yes, I received the refund, finally.  Thank you for your concern, but Adobe needs to do better with their support staff.  I frequently chatted with agents who were not conversant in English and who promised things that were not carried through.

Sent from Jo's iPad

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements refund
                            pennypennymoon

Oh I hope I don't get this kind of trouble getting my refund! I just purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 14 on 8-19-2016, as a download and it is awful! It's crashes, freezes up, does not work well at all! So yes! I will be asking for a refund!

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements refund
                              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you anticipating problems before you've even tried to get a refund? Adobe has always been generous about refunding if the product was purchased within 30 days.

Meantime, you may want to get your computer cleaned and tuned. Premiere Elements 14 will not crash, freeze and stall on a stable computer. I've run it on two different Windows and one Mac computer without so much as a hiccup.

But if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Contact the vendor you bought it from and negotiate a refund.