4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2009 5:19 AM by Pete Lees

Winhelp2000 error!!

csel
      I am trying to generate the winhelp2000 single source layout. And whenever i want to see the results, I get "There was a problem running the macro" warning. I have to click on OK 3 times and then it just works fine. Also when i tried to debug i saw 42 warnings. Am not able to fix that.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
      CSEL
        • 1. Re: Winhelp2000 error!!
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi CSEL and welcome to the RH community.

My Winhelp knowledge is getting a little rusty these days but it sounds like you have a macro inside your project which is causing the problem. Have you added or amended a macro? If not, what macros have you got in the project?
          • 2. Re: Winhelp2000 error!!
            csel Level 1
            Hi, Thanks for your response. I am using Vista. Is that why i am getting those macro error. I don't know where to look for the macro list?
            • 3. Re: Winhelp2000 error!!
              RoboWizard Level 4
              Hi there

In your RoboHelp Project Manager is a list of folders. One folder is named "Startup Macros". Have you checked that?

You may also have one or more macros assigned to topics. If you know which topic(s) is/are causing the issue, you may wish to investigate Topic Properties to see if the topic has a startup macro assigned. You will find it on the Advanced tab of the topic properties.

Hope this helps as my RoboHelp for Word knowledge has all but evaporated too!

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: Winhelp2000 error!!
                Pete Lees Level 2
                Hi, csel,

The version of the WinHelp engine that Microsoft has made available for Vista disables certain WinHelp macros, but others are permitted to run. Perhaps the macros that are responsible for your error messages fall into the first category?

See this Microsoft article for more information and workarounds:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607

Pete