5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2015 8:46 PM by A.T. Romano

Attempt to burn DVD to folder creates Movie.m2v under Encoded Files

CanoeRat

Some weirdness is happening after a wipe and reinstall (windows 7, PE 13.1) done because of something vile I downloaded with a GoPro codec. When I attempt to share to disc, select DVD, folder 4.7 gb, select folder location of active project - no folder or video files appears. I searched in My computer and found a new file created in the encoded files folder of the active project, under the .prel,/sequence 01/DVD - a movie.m2v that is the complete video sans audio. On repeated attempt to burn a DVD to a folder, PE claims it is done but nothing appears anywhere. I can burn a DVD to folder using PE8 that I keep active because I use an old video camera sometimes. Any ideas or is something still wacky with the computer?

• 1. Re: Attempt to burn DVD to folder creates Movie.m2v under Encoded Files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

CanoeRat

What is in the Encoded Files Folder are temporary files that the project uses during the burn to process. They are not the folder and its content (OpenDVD Folder and VIDEO_TS Folder) that you are looking for in this instance. How much free space is there in the Encoded Files Folder location? What is the size of your project according to the Space Required and Bitrate readings in the burn dialog just before you hit Burn?

Focusing elsewhere....what video card/graphics card does your computer use. If it is not Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher, then go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove any check mark next to "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" to disable it. Then try the Publish+Share/Disc/DVD with burn to Folder (4.7 GB) if that is the appropriate choice for the size of your project.

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Attempt to burn DVD to folder creates Movie.m2v under Encoded Files
            CanoeRat Level 1

Gobs of free space. Teeny tiny project. Just a test because of the problem.

Intel Hd graphics 4600 or something like that.

Yeah, I know what kind of folder and files I'm looking for with this kind of burn. They just aren't anywhere despite PE13 saying the burn is done.

• 3. Re: Attempt to burn DVD to folder creates Movie.m2v under Encoded Files
              A.T. Romano Level 7

CanoeRat

Thanks for the reply.

The "burn to, followed by burn complete successful message and no burn to product found" profile has been seen before with this program.

The typical solution is to remove the check mark next to the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" if your computer does not use one of those cards. If your Device Manager/Display Adapters/name of card shows just Intel HD Graphics then you are not eligible to take advantage of this preference.

And, those who do not have an eligible card and have that preference enabled run into the problem that you are describing. So, if you have not already, please double check the exact video card/graphics card that your computer uses. In any case, please look at the burn to with and without that preference disabled.

What you found in the Encoded Files Folder and its DVD Folder sounds fine - Movie.m2v (which is the export without the sound) and Movie.ac3 (which is the sound portion of the export).

After your computer recovered, did you go through the usual drills...

Latest version of QuickTime installed

Running programs as administrator

ATR

• 4. Re: Attempt to burn DVD to folder creates Movie.m2v under Encoded Files
                CanoeRat Level 1

I do have Intel HD Graphics 4600 and turning off the Hardware Accelerator allows a project to burn to folder properly.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Attempt to burn DVD to folder creates Movie.m2v under Encoded Files
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

CanoeRat

Thanks for the follow up.

It is interesting that disabling that Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher) preference was the solution since your computer was using the Intel HD Graphics 4600 video card/graphics card. The consistency here seems to be that this  preference is involved in missing burn to products after the program tells you that you have a successful burn to.

Your results were information to have.

Best wishes

ATR