jimfelderokc Level 1

The error is this "com.dnp.printer.wrongPapersize-warning"

Mac OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan

Lightroom v4 Trail

Lightroom v5 Trial

Lightroom CC 2015.2.1

Photoshop CC 2015 Prints to it.

OSX Preview prints

Why does Lightroom not print? Racking my brain here.

I've tried changing the cell size, the page setup, printer features, reset printing system, deleted printer, etc. The printer installs itself, it's a dye sub printer and that is the recommended install to not manually add the printer in system prefs.

I've pretty confidently tried everything.

I guess I'm hoping someone might have had this issue.

• 1. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi jimfelderokc

Greetings!!

Did you tried Resetting Lightroom Preferences after backing up catalog?

See  Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6 | Lightroom Blog

Also do you get an error message?

Regards

Akash

• 2. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
            jimfelderokc Level 1

I just reset the preferences, still no printing.

The message in the Print Que reads, "The selected paper size is not compatible with installed media."

Photoshop prints fine, Preview prints fine, but LIghtroom will not. I've tried many things. I think it's a conflict or something with Lightroom.

I'm using El Capitan, I'm using the latest Lightroom and the latest Driver for the printer.

• 3. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
              jimfelderokc Level 1

Updating post:

I have a 27" iMac running OS X 10.10.5 and it prints fine. I have printed directly and also shared the printer on the Macbook Pro and it prints.

The Macbook Pro running El Capitan 10.11.1 will not print from Lightroom. Yes I know it could be a Lightroom issue but I'm using the same version of LR on both machines. The Macbook Pro will print to the printer using Preview or Photoshop but not LR. I've tried and tried. The error says, "The selected paper size is not compatible with installed media". I've used the same settings on both machines inside LR to test. iMac prints, Macbook Pro doesn't.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

• 4. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
                MDC622 Level 1

I own two DNP DS40 dye-sublimination printers.  I would appreciate Adobe's assistance in resolving a printing issue.  The DNP DS40 prints without any issues when using Lightroom 5 on my Macbook Pro laptop running Yosemite 10.10.5.  HOWEVER, the DNP DS40 returns an error when trying to print using Lightroom CC running the same operation system on my iMac 27 inch computer.  The following error occurs regardless of the various printer configuration settings tried, "The selected paper size is not compatible with installed media."

The printer works fine with Adobe Photoshop CC.  So it is definitely an Adobe software issue and not the printer driver.  The printer also works when printing from the preview window.

Adobe, your assistance would be appreciated.  The DNP DS40 is the top rated, most durably built high volume dye-sublimination printer on the market today.  If it works with Lightroom 5, is should work equally as well with Lightroom CC, but this is not the case and very frustrating.

Thank you for your assistance,

Meyer 

• 5. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
                  topher and raem39816359 Level 1

I just stumbled upon this too.  Here's how to fix it:

In Print Mode, go to "Printer..." (bottom right of side panel). 

There's a toggle menu there with options like "layout", "paper handling", "cover page".  Choose "paper handling".

In the toggle box beside "Destination Paper Size", choose 8x10.  I also chose the scale down option (not sure if it's necessary). 

Hope this helps.  It worked for me and I was having the exact same message come up.

• 6. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
                    maxphotography

Just chiming in with the same issue.  I attempted the starred suggestion, but there is no 8x10 option available.  I don't believe the DS40 is able to print 8x10.  The highest it goes in my Paper Handling section is 6x9. 

I'm able to print from Preview as well, just no Lightroom. 

• 7. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
                      mikehill

I am having the same problem with the dnp ds80 on mac. LR cc gives the dnp paper size options however they all lead to the message "paper size is not compatible with installed media".

I can print from preview. I can also print on another machine using LR5.

Any help with the sub dye printers is appreciated.

• 8. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
                        JoeKostoss Level 4

In the Page Set Up dialog (Button in the lower left corner of the screen), make sure that the correct paper size is selected.  Also make sure that the paper selected is the same as where the dialog says.  If the paper is loaded in the default auto feeder but the paper selected indicates it to be loaded in the manual rear feeder, you will get this message.

Screenshot 2017-03-05 11.59.17.png

• 9. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
                          proinsiasm78506249

Hi Still struggling with this issue.   

Lightroom will print on my other two iMacs with no issues.   

Its on the Mac Mini with sierra that it will not print to a DS40 and DS80 DNP Dye Sub Printer.  

I keep getting the "The selected paper size is not compatible with installed media". message.

But everything is correct on the setup side.   

Many Thanks for any help

• 10. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
                            Eoin ruairi

I am getting a similar error for the DNP DS40 on an Imac os x 10.12. 

I just changed to another catalogue and it printed OK butr when I went back to the catalogue I wanted to print from, I got the same incompatible media error.

Any ideas?

• 11. Re: Lightroom v4, v5, v6 Will Not Print to DS40 Printer
                              Eoin ruairi Level 1

I have found a work around.  I have started using my backup catalogue from 2 days ago.  Printing OK.  Then yesterdays backup.  Same problem and This mornings backup, same problem.

For Adobe this might help.  Before yesterdays backup, I switched to another printer, a Canon Pro 10 and set a custom size equivilent to A4 in the crop ratio.  I then printed A4 on the Canon Pro 10.  The next time I tried to print on the DNP DS40, I got the incompatible media size error.   

Before I replace my master catalogue wiht the last working backup and loose a full day's work,  is there anything else I can do. 

Best regards