3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2015 8:04 PM by A.T. Romano

why is there no sound when I import a video into elements 14 organizer?

danielk88899959

why is there no sound when I import a video into elements 14 organizer?  Sound is preserved in the actual clip, but there is no sound in the Organizer.

• 1. Re: why is there no sound when I import a video into elements 14 organizer?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

danielk

What computer operating system is involved?

Please detail the properties of the video/audio that you want to import into Elements Organizer 14 and have its player play back video and audio?

Brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video/audio.

What actually happens when you import the file into the Elements Organizer 14

a. Gray thumbnail, plays back video with no audio

b. Gray thumbnail, you get a message about missing codecs - no video or audio

c. Other

If you import the video/audio into the Premiere Elements 14 Editor, does the video/audio import and present with video and audio there in the Premiere Elements workspaces?

If yes.....when you import file into Editor, a copy of that file is automatically placed in the Elements Organizer 14. If you go that route to get the file into the Elements Organizer 14, does the file then play back with video and audio - no problems?

Elements Organizer issues vary from version to version. The concept of missing codec does not hold up to answer the whys since two different versions of Elements Organizer can give different results in this Elements Organizer player issue.

Please consider and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: why is there no sound when I import a video into elements 14 organizer?
            danielk88899959 Level 1

This is what I get:

Mac OSX El Capitan

The test file I just did was AVCHD from a Canon Vixia camcorder.

When I import the thumbnail is gray (no picture) but otherwise seems to import ok.  When I play it in the organizer video is fine but there is no sound.  When opened with the Premier Elements editor the sound is fine.  Same happens if I import it directly to the Editor first.

Exact same results with an AVCHD from a Sony A65 DSLR.

Dan

• 3. Re: why is there no sound when I import a video into elements 14 organizer?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dan

The issues with the Elements Organizer the come with the Premiere Elements Editor are disturbing and answers elusive.

We could go by the Elements Organizer message often seen about missing codecs/decoders. But, that explanation does not hold up when

one has several Elements Organizer versions on the same computer and the player from one version plays back the file's audio whereas the player of another version does not.

Most of these issues involve Dolby Digital audio (stereo or 5.1 channel). Because of the above, I am reluctant to suggest going through downloading and installing codec and codec packs (which can have negative consequences at times).

And, checking out the specifications for both your cameras points to AVCHD with Dolby Digital (AC-3) audio. If as I suspect, what do you have, 2 or 5.1 channel?

Please consider and confirm details.

Thank you.

ATR