0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 7:18 PM by scheharazade

Autoflow text being added to the end of document instead of end of story/section, despite SmartTextReflow settings

scheharazade

I am trying to automatically flow text to additional pages (by holding down the shift key with the load cursor, clicking on the red plus, etc), so that Indesign will automatically add enough pages to accommodate the loaded text.

However, every time I click the red plus, then click the empty frame on the next page, it fills that page, then adds additional pages to the end of the document (rather than the end of the story or end of the section).

Preferences --> Type --> Smart Text Reflow is already set to Add Pages To: End of Story (see screenshot). I have also tried making this option read "End of Section," but either way the program continues adding the pages to the end of the document, despite sections being clearly defined in Pages (see screenshot #2).

Additional pages need to be automatically generated at the end of section "A", but instead additional pages are being automatically added to the end of the "D" section".

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 10.10.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-06 at 10.11.41 PM.png