5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 8:47 AM by RemoRemo

InDesign CC 2015 Crashing

defkopta116

I have only rarely had problems with InDesign CC crashing before, but since the latest update it has been crashing all the time. So far, 5 times today, and the load time to startup is about 10 minutes...whereas before the update it had been about 1 minute. Seriously frustrating.

I notice that it mainly happens when I try to resize a particular text frame...boom. Crashes.

This is the event log:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 11.1.0.122, time stamp: 0x55bf8487

Faulting module name: TEXT.RPLN, version: 11.1.0.122, time stamp: 0x55bf8a01

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000d378a

Faulting process id: 0x27a8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d119322f80e8c5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2015\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2015\Required\TEXT.RPLN

Report Id: 2aeecd69-852a-11e5-901b-002522ad304a

I have checked through the other threads similar to this, and so far nothing has worked. I have gotten rid of the App Preferences, but that had no effect. I re-saved it as a new file in the hopes that I could possibly escape file corruption (not sure if that could work - apparently it hasn't).

My computer has 8GB of RAM, so it shouldn't be a problem, and in fact never has been before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: InDesign CC 2015 Crashing
          troyb

I am having the same problems with 11.1.0.122 and TEXT.RPLN.  This is not an isolated incident.

• 2. Re: InDesign CC 2015 Crashing
            carolinelokoychristiansen

I have similar problems. First CC 2105 version on OS 10.10 (Yosemite). When InDesign started crashing 4-5 times per hour, even if I tried all the suggested fixups. Then I did a clean install of El Capitan on my iMac, and reinstalled CC 2015, hpoing this would resolve the issues.

InDesign was working fine for about two days, but now I am back to several crashes per hour again... This is extremely frustrating!
            It seemes like it crashes when I'm working on text, trying to copy/paste text, resize textboxes, or sometimes with no obvious reason at all.

And this error "The network connection was lost for the file InDesign blablabla..."  I get every single day, multiple times a day.

• 3. Re: InDesign CC 2015 Crashing
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure you've updated to InDesign CC 2015.2 (11.2).

Try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

• 4. Re: InDesign CC 2015 Crashing
                TM ASG

Mine has been crashing on serveral occasions without any particular action setting it off... I mean, it crashes when exporting, saving, opening files. In the last 6 montsh I've had atleast 10 corrupt files, which had me making the artwork from scratch each f'ing time.

Indesign is really unstable and now, before I open a file I have to make a copy of it, just to make sure if the file gets corrupt I won't loose all my work.

I'm suspecting it might be a network problem, since we work both on local and remote desktops. However Indesign even corrupted a file on my local desktop just by me opening the damn file.

But it just starts up, saying some links needs to be updated... when clicking ok or cancel the popup window goes blank and Indesign just hangs there nothing jack.

HELP!

• 5. Re: InDesign CC 2015 Crashing
                  RemoRemo

So I'm having the same problem except I'm currently running the latest update on the newest mac book pro. My IT at my agency thought there might have been an issue with my OSX so they switched out my Mac Book Pro with a completely new one and I'm still having the same issues....crashing of Adobe CC and then crashing of my OSX. It's crazy since indesign will force quit 5-10 times a day.