7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2015 11:35 AM by A.T. Romano

Expert preview has stopped playing the sound in track 1.  How do I make it go again?

Mikeofnatanis

Expert preview has stopped playing the sound in track 1.  How do I make it go again?

• 1. Re: Expert preview has stopped playing the sound in track 1.  How do I make it go again?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mikeofnatanis

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

Do you get sound from the other audio tracks in the Timeline?

What are the properties of the file involved - including Stereo or 5.1 channel. Have you checked Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware ASIO settings Input and Output settings? Checked all the volume controls at Timeline and elsewhere in the program?

According to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, what is the project preset that has been set for this project.

The answers will be in the details.

Please consider, supply more details, and then we can decide troubleshooting strategy.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Expert preview has stopped playing the sound in track 1.  How do I make it go again?
            Mikeofnatanis Level 1

Thanks for your help, but it doesn’t answer the problem

Answers to your Q’s are:

Premiere Elements 12, Windows 7

I do get sound from the narrative, but nothing else on preview.  If I double click a scene, it plays complete with sound in the clip preview window.  I have tried saving it as a MPEG movie; the narrative is there but no other sound.

Properties are MPEG Movie, File size 23.3 MB, 1920x1080, Frame rate 25, Source Audio Format 48000 Hz-Compressed-Stereo, Project audio format 48000 Hz – 32 bit floating point-stereo

Preset 1080i  25fps

Michael Lewin-Harris

Conquest Farm

01823 432237

07710 800899

• 3. Re: Expert preview has stopped playing the sound in track 1.  How do I make it go again?
              Mikeofnatanis Level 1

I meant to add on my last that I have tried a different project and it seems to work normally.  I have used Premiere Elements on and off for 5 years, and never encountered this problem before

Michael Lewin-Harris

Conquest Farm

01823 432237

07710 800899

• 4. Re: Expert preview has stopped playing the sound in track 1.  How do I make it go again?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Lewin-Harris

Thank you for your reply with additional details of your problem.

You wrote

Thanks for your help, but it doesn’t answer the problem

There is no answer to your problem without the details of your problem. There is no one fix for a given Premiere Elements version and problem.

There are the typical assortment of factors that needs to be sorted through to get at the core of the matter.

1. We now know you are using Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit). Have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

2. What workspace are you using - Expert or Quick? Please work in the Expert workspace for the troubleshooting. In the Expert workspace,  did you have sound (numbered audio tracks and soundtrack) before you added the narration to the Narration Track using the project's Narration Tool.

There has been a known problem in this regard which has been remedied by many based on the work of LLamadude.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Audio Losses After Narration Addition

It is my recollection that those with the problem seem to be using Premiere Elements 12.

Please confirm if your narration clips are coming from the project's Narration Tool. In that same context, does the problem exist if you create and use the narration clip from another program - ex Audacity or a computer Sound Recorder?

3. Is the problem confined to one particular project or to all new projects and existing projects that may have been OK at an earlier time?

a. What happens if you switch from the Expert to the Quick workspace....same problem?

b. What happens if you move the audio to new audio tracks....same problem?

c. And, as above, what happens if you start a new project?

The Expert workspace is being used because I believe you can see better what is happening and consequently have more control over the workflow.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Expert preview has stopped playing the sound in track 1.  How do I make it go again?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Lewin-Harris

I did not see your post 3 until I had posted post 4.

Very important information that this current audio issue is not being seen in other new projects.

Because you are using Premiere Elements 12 and because of the narration involvement in the symptoms, I tend to believe that your issue relates to that of Llamadude and others described in the blog post link posted in post 4. Let us try focusing on that factor to rule it in or out.

In spite of those reports and feedback that the described fix works, I have never been able to reproduce the problem so that I could study it to get out why.

Looking forward to your results as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Expert preview has stopped playing the sound in track 1.  How do I make it go again?
                    Mikeofnatanis Level 1

BINGO!  I followed ID Dolbaden’s instruction and cleared the obstruction within a minute.  It is presumably the mute being on for recording and then being a tad too quick on the next key or button, or some such thing.  It probably won’t happen again for another 5 years but if it does I will know what to do.

Thank you very much.

Michael Lewin-Harris

Conquest Farm

01823 432237

07710 800899

• 7. Re: Expert preview has stopped playing the sound in track 1.  How do I make it go again?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Lewin-Harris

Great news. Great job. And, great follow information which is important to have in this type of Premiere Elements narration/audio issue.

Best wishes

ATR