• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash update "Application Not Responding" on every download try (Mac)

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to update flash on my macbook pro (last 2 months!) it downloads fine, go through the install process, only to have it beachball forever and "Application Not Responding"   Help!

Through the Mac Forums I did a successful search to ensure zero malware on my MacBook Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kalina77,

Can you please provide the following information:

If you have time can you please read the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ and provide all four files (install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log).

Thanks,

Eswar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Eswar, I am using Safari version 9.0.1.  The link I use is  Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

I am not receiving an error message.  What happens is the update stalls forever.   The moment I double click on the Install Flash, it immediately goes to "Application Not Responding"    as shown on the screen shot of my desktop.

Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 9.03.58 AM.png

I tried the Console App, laid down the marker, and nothing happened.  I reloaded and still nothing.

I have the entire log for the Flash Player Install Manager Log from the Console app copied into a Pages Document (from the first install in 2013).  Can I send this to you somewhere?  It spells it all out, showing the multitude of times I tried to install!

I am at a loss for what the problem is.  I hope the information I have provided will be helpful.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kalina77,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

What is the OS version you are using ?

It would be of great help if you can share all the four log files (install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log).

Thank you,

Eswar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eswar,

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Here are the documents you requested.  I searched in GoTo for Adobe_GDE.log and also in Console and was unable to locate that log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines