4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2015 11:26 AM by Keith_Reeder

Sticky questions (and answers)

bob frost Level 3

I think it would be a good idea if this forum had a section at the very top for 'Sticky' questions and answers. This is very useful in the Windows forums, and I think it could be here. Questions and complaints that come up over and over again could be reduced if the relevant threads were permanently listed at the top of the forum. Stuff like Why is lightroom so slow, Why doesn't GPU work, Why has the import module been changed. I know you can do a search, but the fact is most people don't. If they can't see the relevant answers, they create a new thread.

Bob frost

• 1. Re: Sticky questions (and answers)
          Keith_Reeder Level 4

Yes, Bob - it really would be a good idea.

Such an obviously good idea that I've been waiting for years to see if it'd sink into Adobe's (or more likely Jive's) heads to do something about it.

I guess you've cracked!

There was an accessible and useful FAQ at the top of an earlier incarnation of this (horrible) forum software, but after an "upgrade" it suddenly moved somewhere really hard to track down and most of the useful content disappeared from it.

I wonder if Jive gets paid by the number of posts in the forums it runs for its clients? That'd explain a lot...

and to be honest, while I mention it frequently, even the forum search is horribly unintuitive to use.

• 2. Re: Sticky questions (and answers)
            bob frost Level 3

It was your reply on another thread today, telling someone to do a search, that prompted me to post this!! I read the Windows Eight and Ten forums a lot, and that is where I see the usefulness of it. For instance, Eric Chan's answer to the GPU questions should be up there for everyone to see, as should the current Import problem thread.

Moderators should be free to make threads 'sticky', and to remove them when they have outlived there usefulness.

Bob Frost

• 3. Re: Sticky questions (and answers)
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

bob frost wrote:

It was your reply on another thread today, telling someone to do a search, that prompted me to post this!!

Yeah, I figured that, Bob - and you're right, it's completely standard practice pretty much everywhere else.

• 4. Re: Sticky questions (and answers)
                Keith_Reeder Level 4

Here's another one (of many):

Lightroom Capitan update