6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 1:12 AM by Kaffeesegler

Book Module Copying Layouts

Paul E Level 1

I've run into an odd behavior. Actually, I'm hoping something is eluding me, rather than it being odd behavior. I'm trying to copy a page's layout so that I can paste it onto other pages. But all that is pasted is the basic image cell. What is not pasted is:

• Image Call Padding
      • Page or Image text editing (cell padding, location, anchoring and typography settings)

Thanks.

-Paul

• 1. Re: Book Module Copying Layouts
          Paul E Level 1

I forgot to mention, this exact behavior also happens if I save a layout as a new custom page layout.

• 2. Re: Book Module Copying Layouts
            wobertc Adobe Community Professional

My LR-CC 2015.2.1  works as expected-

I right-click on a page,

Choose "Save as Custom Page"

Now I see this custom page under "Custom Pages" in the Page selection menu-

ScreenShot209.jpg

• 3. Re: Book Module Copying Layouts
              Paul E Level 1

Yes, I get that same basic behavior as well. But when selecting this new custom page layout, the above mentioned settings don't get applied. I am using 6.1.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Book Module Copying Layouts
                wobertc Adobe Community Professional

I am now using v6.3 and -yes my custom pages are saved with the padding applied as wanted.

The custom Page in my Post#2 was modified by changing padding and then Saving as two 'new' custom pages- now I have these also!  (My Images are set to "Fit" so my screen-clip shows horizontal images in the vertical cell!)

I cannot answer why yours does not work the same- maybe follow some standard advice- update to 6.3, reset the Preferences file.

Typography is not my 'forte' so cannot answer much for that.

ScreenShot042.jpgScreenShot043.jpg

• 5. Re: Book Module Copying Layouts
                  Paul E Level 1

Thanks, wobertc. I appreciate you taking the additional time to verify the padding is working for you.

Honestly, I've been waiting to upgrade to 6.3. I may jump in next week and see if that fixes my issue.

Thanks again!

• 6. Re: Book Module Copying Layouts
                    Kaffeesegler

I'm running into all these problems too, this book module is nothing less than a nightmare. Custom layouts sometimes work, sometimes not. I tried every possible workaround, saved new custom layouts, deleted old ones, tried to copy layouts instead of applying a custom layout ... It is not possible to use different fonts in the caption field and in the page field, unless I edit every page again an again (although I saved separate text/font presets). When I unlock text fields from a photo it is suddenly linked to the photo again and I have to deselect the checkbox again. To get everything fixed I needed 10 x the time I would have spend if everything would work as promised.