1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2015 3:49 PM by ssprengel

DNG Converter not recognizing CR2 files

elliea69987052 Level 1

Hi, I'm very frustrated. I use a Canon EOS Rebel XS, and I shoot in both RAW and large. I import the images with the new Photos app, and I see that both the RAW and JPG versions have uploaded, but the RAW cannot be edited and appears blank. And when I try to open the RAW version in Photoshop CS5, I get this message:

"Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw. Please visit the Camera Raw help documentation for additional information."

After searching the internet, I've read that I need to downloaded the Adobe DNG Converter to fix the issue. So I downloaded the DNG Converter for Mac. But now, when I try to convert the CR2 files to DNG, I get this message:

"The source folder does not contain any supported camera raw files."

I've been trying to solve this problem on my own for the longest time, and I give up. Does anyone know what the issue is? I feel like I've exhausted all of my efforts at this point, and I don't know what to do. I never used to have this issue, I believe something went wrong when my system updated or something. Please offer suggestions if you have them.

• 1. Re: DNG Converter not recognizing CR2 files
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First, make sure your DNG Converter id new enough to handle the raw files.  Anything newer than DNGC 5.1 should be fine.

Once that is done, then the only thing you need to be doing differently is single-click Select the foldername of the folder with the raw files, don’t double-click Open the folder, otherwise you’ll get the message you getting.