3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2015 5:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't get Full video into Elements 13.... HELP!

jonm26037846

I'm trying to edit my voice for some voice overs... I do the recording which is about 52 seconds long.

I drag the clip into elements and only 16 milliseconds actually gets imported of the original clip. I have no idea how to fix this or what went wrong since it's been working fine regardless of clip size for the past 2 years....

Are there any solutions?

• 1. Re: Can't get Full video into Elements 13.... HELP!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jonm

What computer operating system is involved? Have you updated Premiere Elements 13 to 13.1 Update yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

Where are you recording your "voice over" clips? Can I assume that these "voice overs" are wav audio files? If these are .wav files are the ADPMC.wav or PMC.wav files?

Where are you dragging them to...Expert or Quick workspace narration track are Soundtrack or numbered audio track?

Please consider, give more details, and then we can decide troubleshooting strategy based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't get Full video into Elements 13.... HELP!
            jonm26037846 Level 1

It was a desktop recording so I could just record it for the sound.

I dragged it into Expert workspace.

I think because there was no motion on the screen elements didn't recognize it. (like it dropped to 0 frames) ((I'm also really bad at computer talk)) Because I dragged another recording of some random gameplay and the entire video loaded into it no problem.

• 3. Re: Can't get Full video into Elements 13.... HELP!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jonm

Thanks for the following up.

Interesting observation especially since you are not using the project's Narration Tool to record the voice overs. Have you seen

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Narration Recording Stops After 30 Seconds

But, please clarify. Are you saying that, if you import this 52 second voice over created in another program into a project with nothing on the Timeline, you get only "16 milliseconds" of it imported. However, if you place video on the Timeline first to cover the 52 seconds, you then can import the whole 52 seconds of the audio?

Thanks.

ATR