9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 9:14 AM by tyyeul

brèves coupures du son

tyyeul

A la lecture d'un clip vidéo avec fichier audio, on remarque de brèves coupures aléatoires du son. Le fichier audio seul, joué en dehors de Première Éléments ne présente pas le problème. Une idée ? Merci d'avance.

Paul 

• 1. Re: brèves coupures du son
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say which version of the program you're using or what operating system you are editing on.

You also don't say what model of camcorder your video is coming from and what format and resolution your video is, so we can only offer general recommendations.

First, go to Premiere Elements' Preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and, on the Media page, delete the Media Cache. The program will re-conform your video and your problems should be fixed.

If this does not fix your problem, we'll need to know the specifics of your video, your program and your computer.

• 2. Re: brèves coupures du son
            tyyeul Level 1

Hello, thanks for your answer. I just tried your advice but no success, same short random sound interruptions.

Configuration :

Board ASUS PZ77-VLX2, 8Go ram, SSD disk, Windows 8.1, PRE 13. No vidéos, only still pictures and sound files .mp3

Thanks

• 3. Re: brèves coupures du son
              tyyeul Level 1

Hello, problem solved ! I just changed the settings for media disk and use now the same disk as for the project. No more interruptions !

• 4. Re: brèves coupures du son
                A.T. Romano Level 7

tyyeul

I have been following your thread. Could you explain what worked for you?

You wrote

just changed the settings for media disk and use now the same disk as for the project

What do you mean by changed the settings for media disk....do you mean that you changed the project preset for the project in File Menu/New/Project or did you mean something else?

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: brèves coupures du son
                  tyyeul Level 1

I changed the destination disk for the média cache using : édition /préférences /média  AND disques de travail. Now i use the same SSD disk for all saved datas . I suppose that the problem was due to the switching time between two physically differents hardware disks. 

Regards 

Envoyé depuis un mobile Samsung.

• 6. Re: brèves coupures du son
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

tyyeul

Thank you for the explanation. And glad you found a solution.

But I wonder about the consequences of using the SSD disk in that way because of the limited free space there and the large amount of media cache files and preview files and other files that you have pointed to that location.

How much free space do you have on the SSD and how much free space did you have before when you had Media Cache Files Folder some place else?

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: brèves coupures du son
                      tyyeul Level 1

Hello,

I just checked the actual settings for my Disks. PRE13 programm, captured video and audio, preview for video and audio are on my system disk, a 150 Go SSD disk, actually 80 Go free. Images, sound files, xxx.prel files and Media cache files are now on the same disk, a classic HD, 100 Go, 38 Go free.

This is not exactly what i wanted yesterday and i surely made a mistake when typing. Anyway it works !

Do you have a definitive policy regarding separation between disks ? What kind of datas on what type of disk? I got a large gain of time since i have PRE on my SSD.

Regards,

Paul

• 8. Re: brèves coupures du son
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Paul

Thanks for the reply with update.

Have you seen the Adobe document on working with scratch disks.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Working with scratch disks

When all is said and done, go with what works for you unless your free hard drive space is being compromised.

ATR

• 9. Re: brèves coupures du son
                          tyyeul Level 1

Thank you for reply and advice to Adobe document. I'll do my best to follow these recommandations !

Regards,

Paul