1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 8, 2015 8:02 AM by dj_paige

This folder could not be found, and other problems

rilbio Level 1

I import many pictures into Lightroom.

1. I get many more than I put in, because many are duplicated. WHY?  Any quick way of shedding duplicates?

2.  I return to LR to edit some picures.  Every single one is tagged 'This folder could not be found.'  Now what?

3. I try to log into this forum.  It asks for my mobile number. I supply it twice.  I still do not get a message.  Why not? No what?

4. How do I get back to this forum, to find any answes that kind people may have sent?

Thanks,

In some desperation,

Ian

• 1. Re: This folder could not be found, and other problems
          dj_paige Level 9

rilbio wrote:

I import many pictures into Lightroom.

1. I get many more than I put in, because many are duplicated. WHY?  Any quick way of shedding duplicates?

Explain the EXACT steps you use. Please show us a screen capture of your Import dialog box.

2.  I return to LR to edit some picures.  Every single one is tagged 'This folder could not be found.'  Now what?

Once we understand your answer to question #1, we might be able to see why this is happening. Generally, this happens becuase outside of Lightroom, you have moved or renamed or deleted the photos (or the folders that contain them). Also on Windows this can happen if you disconnect and then reconnect an external drive. Did you do that?

3. I try to log into this forum.  It asks for my mobile number. I supply it twice.  I still do not get a message.  Why not? No what?

I don't know.

4. How do I get back to this forum, to find any answes that kind people may have sent?

This is a great question. If you can't get back to the forum, what good is providing an answer? Seems like Catch-22.

Generally, you would go to the main page of the forum, scroll down until you see your question, and then click on it.