14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2016 12:45 AM by Orailpif

Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?

andrewd93235471

Does face tags work in LightroomCC 2015. I'm not able to find how to use this feature. Is it only a feature of LR6?

• 1. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

This feature is available for Lightroom CC as Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are both the same version.

You can click on the face icon in the tool bar below and Lightroom will search for the available faces in the all the images that you have imported in the catalog.

Using the New Face Tagging Feature in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC > Single Person view mode

Thanks

• 2. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
            Orailpif

Hi,

I really don't understand...I'm on Lr CC, all is up to date, I searched for long time but I really don't have the "face recognition" button, I don't have the "O" mode. I thought I had the latest version of Lr with the CC plan, do I missed something ?

Thanks for the help

• 3. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
              dj_paige Level 9

Please state the EXACT version number of your LR CC, go to Help->System Info and report back. Stating "up-to-date" doesn't help.

• 4. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
                Orailpif Level 1

OK, here it is :

Version de Lightroom : 5.7.1 [994773]

Type de licence: Creative Cloud

Système d'exploitation : Mac OS 10

Version : 10.11 [6]

Architecture de l'application : x64

Nombre de processeurs logiques: 8

Vitesse du processeur : 3,4 Ghz

Mémoire intégrée : 16384,0 Mo

Mémoire réelle disponible pour Lightroom : 16384,0 Mo

Mémoire réelle utilisée par Lightroom : 1539,5 Mo (9,3%)

Mémoire virtuelle utilisée par Lightroom : 4537,4 Mo

Taille de la mémoire cache : 524,8 Mo

Nombre maximal de liens utilisé par Camera Raw: 4

Affichages : 1) 2560x1440

• 5. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
                  dj_paige Level 9

So you do not have the most recent version of Lightroom, you have 5.7.1.

I'm not sure why you haven't been upgraded to the most recent version Lightroom CC 2015.6.1, since you have a 64 bit operating system, but if you can upgrade to the most recent version, you will find the feature with face recognition tags.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
                    Orailpif Level 1

OK, thank you, this is what I thinked. But how then can I upgrade to version 6 ?

I don't understand, why having and paying the subscription plan, (Lr + Ps) CC, I don't have the new feature of face tagging...

My CC icon in the toolbar is like this :

Capture d’écran 2016-08-26 à 18.17.06.png

• 7. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
                      dj_paige Level 9

My French is a little weak, does "a jour" translate to "up to date"?

Can you open LR from this screen instead of double-clicking on an icon on your computer's desktop? Try that, let us know if the face recognition tags are there.

If you can't open LR from this screen, then it seems likely that you have two different installations of LR on your computer, you have been opening LR 5.7.1, and you need to find the icon for Lightroom CC 2015 and open that.

• 8. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
                        DdeGannes Level 5

I do not converse in the language of your application.

What does"A jour" translate to in english.

• 9. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
                          DdeGannes Level 5

Quote "up to date"?

I was thinking update.

• 10. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
                            Orailpif Level 1

Hi,

You're right, "À jour" means "up to date"

I try like you said, but no, I can't open Lr from the Creative Cloud scene.

But, it seems there is a bug : for Photoshop, there is un "Ouvrir" (= "Open") button next to the Ps icon.

More precisely : when I open the Creative Cloud window, from my toolbar, first there is no button next to the Ps icon, just "À jour" (or "up to date"), then, after few seconds, the "Open" button appear. Strange...

Other thing : like you can see in this larger screenshot of my Creative Cloud window, there is no "Open" button next to the Lightroom icon in the top of the windows, in the "Dernières versions" column (="Latest versions")

BUT, there IS un "Open" button next to the Lightroom icon in the bottom of the windows, in the "Versions précédentes" column (="Last  versions")

Of course, I try to open Lr with "Open" button next to "Lightroom 5" in the bottom of the windows, but the result is the same, it's still Lr 5 and I don't have the face tagging button.

I really don't understand...

I'd would like to uninstall and re-intsall Lr from Creative Cloud, but what will happen to my catalog ?

Thanks for your help.

Capture d’écran 2016-08-26 à 20.59.08.png

• 11. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
                              dj_paige Level 9

Uninstall and reinstall does nothing to your catalog. Better, and quicker, is to sign out from the Creative Cloud (using the menus that appear when you click on the "gear" icon at the top right), and then sign in again. I don't know if that will fix the problem, but it would only take a minute to try.

If that doesn't work, you need to search for an installation of Lightroom 5 and an installation of Lightroom CC 2015. It seems like you have both on your computer, and you need to find the Lightroom CC 2015 installation (note: under current versions you have 3 installed, Ps, Lr and Camera Raw), find the icon for LR in there, and launch it from that icon.

• 12. Re: Face tags in LightroomCC 2015?
                                Orailpif Level 1

Well, I finally managed to solve my problem : I had to first uninstall Creative Cloud, completely and manually put all the remaining files in the trash, empty the bin and restart.

Then download and run "Creative Cloud Cleaner“, I found this info by chance on an Adobe page.

I did "Uninstall" separately for all applications, one by one : Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Lightroom, and also for any small Adobe auxiliary components.

I was a little worried about the idea of being able find everything intact in my library...

Then I re-download and install Creative Cloud, from there he immediately proposed to download the two applications of my subscription (Lr and Ps), and bingo! he has downloaded Lr CC 2015.6.1

And important detail : I have now an "Open" button next to each application, Lr and Ps, and I can open them from there.

I launched the application and point to the old catalog to boot it.

And good news : he tells me he will have to "update the catalog to pass to version 6". And finally, once started, I finally discovered the famous "face" button in the toolbar.

Ouf...

As usual, a big cleanup to start again is the solution.

Thank you all and good luck :-)