4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 6:37 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements for mac 10.6.8

Minna Esantyttö

Hi! I can't find out what version of Premiere Elements is suitable for mac 10.6.8. Thanks for answers! -Minna

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements for mac 10.6.8
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Minna

I am strictly an Elements Windows user.

If we answer your question based on Adobe published System Requirements for the versions, it look like we are back to Premiere Elements 11.

System requirements | Adobe Premiere Elements

Those System Requirements typically reflect what Adobe has tested, not necessarily what might work or not work. Current version of Premiere Elements is version 14.

What version of Premiere Elements Mac do you have?

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements for mac 10.6.8
            Minna Esantyttö Level 1

Hi!

Thank you for a quick answer ATR!

Currently I have Premiere Elements 10 and tryed to download trial version of Elements 14, but it was telling me I need a newer version of mac's operating system. I've heard bad rumours when switching to Yosemite with an older computer (mine is 2010 or 2011). I was just thinking can I try any newer versions between 10 and 14, if 10 works and 14 doesn't?

Minna

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements for mac 10.6.8
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

FWIW, Minna, I have a 2009 iMac and not only Yosemite but El Capitan run just fine on it.

With Mac OSX, I definitely recommend upgrading to at least the second-newest OS. If the App Store sees you'll don't have the necessary hardware, it will not allow the upgrade.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements for mac 10.6.8
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Minna

Thanks for the follow up.

You wrote

I was just thinking can I try any newer versions between 10 and 14, if 10 works and 14 doesn't?

Depending on the results based on your Mac operating system choice and 14....

One idea might be to download and install the tryouts for 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1 Mac from the following - in the search field type in

Premiere Elements (version number wanted) tryout. Here is an example for Premiere Elements 13 tryout

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

Follow the instructions carefully for Note: Very Important Instructions to avoid Access Denied message.

Key - you sign in at Adobe as per the instructions and do the actually downloading of the Premiere Elements Mac file at the web site featuring the tryout.

Since I do not have a Mac computer, Windows only for me, I cannot speak to Mac operating systems and Premiere Elements Mac version except at the starter level of the System Requirements which may or may not tell the whole story.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

ATR