2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2015 11:58 AM by Sandee Cohen

stop syncing cc liraries?

Sandee Cohen Adobe Community Professional

I want to stop syncing cc libraries. I don't want to have new swatches automaticslly appear in my CC Libraries panel.

I don't want a CC Libraries panel.

I tried deleting "My Library" but it is like a homeless cat. It keeps coming back. And the new swatches appear.

I know someone told me how to stop syncing libraries. But the fact that I can't find the setting again means it is in a bad place.

Help!

• 1. Re: stop syncing cc liraries?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sandee,

With any file open, go to the Swatches panel menu. Choose New Color Swatch. In the New Color Swatch dialog, uncheck Add to CC Library at the bottom (it's sticky and will stay that way...unless you restore your preferences).

Repeat in the New Paragraph Style dialog and the New Character Style dialog, and they will not be added to the CC Libraries.

There should be a preference to turn off the option altogether.

• 2. Re: stop syncing cc liraries?
            Sandee Cohen Adobe Community Professional

Thanks Steve!

And I shouldn't have to make a swatch via the dialog box to turn it off. It should be a CC Libraries panel pref, or a Swatches/Styles panel pref, or a Edit>Preferences pref.

And when I delete My Library, it should not appear in the CC Libraries menu.

I feel like someone sat in a meeting a said "let's make it as hard as possible for these people to stop using this feature that not most of them want."